Her Arrival (1)

"Er-chan!" Erza, on her way to the guild, Fairy Tail, turned at her childhood friends' call. Moments later Millianna came around a corner, running a full speed. She jumped and landed square on Erza enveloping her in a full body hug. Erza hugged her back before gently disentangling herself from the cat-like girl. 

        "Millianna!" Erza said happily, glad to see her friend. "What's wrong?" Millianna looked up at the tall older girl with tears welling up in her eyes.

        "I found a Kitty-kitty!" She wailed, "But it's not a Kitty-kitty!" Millianna buried her face in the white ruffled blouse down the middle of Erza's chest, and clung onto her sniffling. "Er-chan!..." Erza patted the younger girls' head to soothe her, then cut right to the chase.

        "Millianna, I don't understand." Erza frowned, "What do you mean?" Millianna pointed down the road, where a little girl of about six year of age was slowly making her way over to them. She wore a mud covered hood, full of rips and tears and scuffed boots that peeked from beneath the floor length cloak.  She hurried towards them, but stopped a few feet away and stood there, still, her hood casting her face in shadow. "Do you mean that girl?" Erza asked the upset Millianna, she nodded. "I don't see anything wrong with her. How could you confuse her with a cat?" Millianna bristled at the implication she had made a stupid mistake, and glared up at Erza defensively. 

        "Because of this!" Before Erza could move she dashed over to the girl and yanked back her hood. For the first time Erza got a good look at the girl, but there wasn't much to see. When Millianna yanked back the hood it sent cascades of tangled white hair tumbling from the cape, that completely obscured the her face. And at last Erza understood Millianna's frenzy, because two pointed white cat ears poked from her head. Millianna glared at the little girl and spun to look back at Erza.

        "She looks like a cat to me." Erza said to Millianna. She bristled at the comment and glared at the girl again. 

        "That's what I thought too, but it tricked me, Er-chan!" Millianna raised her hand at the girl and summoned a binding tube, that she lashed at the girls' cloak, snapping it back to show a fluffy white fox tail poking out from under her ragged dress. "The Kitty-kitty was a nasty fox, Er-chan!" Millianna seemed at the brink of tears again after this announcement.

        "Ah." Erza sighed at her friends' overreaction, and knelt down to look at the girl. She brushed away the hair covering her forehead, to get a good look at her face. The girl who hadn't moved or said anything the entire time tipped her head back to look at Erza, her eyes opening wide in an emotionless gaze. Erza jumped when her eyes met the girls', because they were different colors, her left eye was a tawny amber brown, while her left was an icy blue. She turned towards Millianna, "Why did you bring her here?" she asked. Millianna scuffed her foot in the dirt sheepishly, and looked down at Erza with her gaze averted.

        "Because it doesn't even smell like a Kitty-kitty, so I didn't want it." Millianna said, her logic as childish as her words. "And Kagura-chan said I couldn't just leave it there, and since I found it, it was my responsibility." She said, pouting. "But Er-chan will take it for Millie, riiight?" Millianna's expression brightened and she looked at Erza hopefully.

        "I-" Erza began.

        "Great! Er-chan will take it! Thanks a lot Er-chan!" and with that Millianna dashed away, back to her guild, the all women's guild of Mermaid Heel. Erza was left gazing after Millianna in dismay, she glanced back at the girl standing before her and sighed, the little girl flipping her hood back up in response.

Please take a look at my new work, 'April Tears, May Flowers'