Start of the DA: Chapter 9

[Ginny's POV]

(At the lake)

It had been a week since that Umbridge women came in and she is already being appointed into a high place by the ministry.

Harry and his friends have become close with me and my friends. It was getting a bit hard for them to ignore each other so they became friends and they don't regret it by the looks of it. Shocking I know. Slytherins and Gryffindors being friends. The whole school is shocked by it.

Me, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy were all sitting near the black lake discussing things about that Umbridge women.

"We can't just sit here and let her take over the school." Hermione said, I was shocked to hear this because after all Hermione loved school. I didn't think she would care who was running it.

"What do you suppose we do then?" Ron asked her.

"There isn't anything we can do. I mean we can't make the ministry stop what they are doing." I stated leaning against Harry.

"Ginny's got a point." Harry added. Yes he still calls me Ginevra but only when it's just us. He knows how much I hate it so he doesn't say it in front of other people. I mean it's better then nothing so ill take it.

"If there is nothing we can do then why are we even talking about this?" Pansy said finally getting tired of them talking about this subject.

"Well, I have an idea. Hear me out though. We start a group and we practice DADA." Hermione said in her clever voice.

"There are multiple things wrong with that." I said butting in. "Umbridge would never approve of that first of all." I said following up my previous statement.

"I didn't say she had to know." Hermione added with a mischievous smile.

"Now there is another problem, if we are doing it in secret where would we even do it?" I said looking at her.

"We would have to figure that out." Hermione said realizing Ginny had a point.

"Also if we managed to do that who would teach us?" I also added.

"I thought you figured that part out. Harry will teach us of course." She stated rolling her eyes.

"I don't think so." Harry said finally coming into the conversation.

"Why not, you have fought You-Know-Who, you know how to make a full body patronus and more!" Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"I would join." Crabbe said finally exiting his conversation with Goyle.

"Cool, but your going to have to find a new teacher." Harry said not bothered.

"Come on Harry, do you realize how cool this will be." I said facing towards him.

"Don't give me that look. I wont fall for it." Harry said. I knew he hated when I looked at him a certain way because he always ends up saying yes.

"What look?" I said holding back a smile.

"No." He replied.

"Please Harry!" I said while giving him a soft smile.

"Why me?" He said sarcastically. "Fine Ill do it." He said rolling his eyes.

"Great we got a teacher now we just need members and a place to practice." Hermione said looking a list she made for this.

"The shrieking shack?" Draco said, I was shocked because I didn't think Draco of all people would be interested in doing this.