Prologue

Matthew's life was about to end.

No, it really was.

Not because of a zombie apocalypse, world war three or a global pandemic.

No, it was about to end because of a nutty, crazy, energised, loud, obnoxious horny little middle school freak.

It had all started on a Saturday morning, when Matthew's mother and father had invited their son to have a little chat. Matthew didn't like the way that they'd phrased that, and he certainly wasn't looking forward to whatever this chat was about. The three of them gathered on the living room couch, all the other kids being sent away to do other straight crap.

"So", Edward began, itching his ear, "Do you like that Jay kid?"

Oh. No.

Breathe, breathe.

This was it, Matthew knew this day was coming. He knew that some day his father would realise the truth, that his son was, in fact, a homo. But Jesus Christ, out of any example, that dick had chosen Jay.  What to do, what to do? It's ok, it's ok. Just play it cool.

"As in, Jay Bilzerian? Yeah, I know him. What a dork".

Matthew's parents exchanged concerned glances, before Kimberly spoke up.

"Honey, perhaps the reason that he is a little strange is because, well, let's just say, he's had it pretty tough at home. The state has declared that he is not safe in his own house with his family, so, before he is adopted, he needs a place to stay, temporarily", she took a breath, "Would you be interested in-"

"No!" Matt interrupted with a huff, "I would not be interested in babysitting that little freak".

Kimberly put a hand over her heart, "Matthew! How dare you!"

Matthew just shrugged, "If he really needs a place to stay, he should try the Birch's, they are really good with him apparently. Plus, it's not like we need another child". 

His parents just shook their heads at him, clearly disappointed. Matthew often got this look from his dad, but from his mum, it was truly heartbreaking. Yet still, he said no. 

Not like that made any difference. You see, Matthew was one of five children, of course he never got his way. Plus, his bothers, Jeremy and Michael, were both looking forward to having a brother, who wasn't, in their words, 'Too sissy'. 

Matthew's life was about to end. 

(And Jay was about to be sleeping in his bedroom. His. Fucking. Bedroom)