Get Well Soon

Chapter Fourteen

A year later...

Madeline's POV

I swirl the now cold coffee in the paper cup as, I sat at the hospital's cafeteria. I hadn't taken a shower in two days. My hair was in serious need of deep conditioner. I was sleep deprived and I only got a plain butter bagel because; I couldn't find the appetite to eat, at all.

Peter was sent to the ICU after a near fatal collision; while we were on our last mission.
Whatever our opponents did, drove Peter's senses mad. He lost focus and collided with ten inch concrete. His concussion caused him to go into a coma.

I missed him terribly. I missed his smile, the way his eyes lit up, the way he embraced me from behind as, I made us breakfast.

I was in a major state of depression at the idea of losing my better half. I had lost Tony, Nat, Cap and Vision; in such a short amount of time. But, I knew I wasn't gonna be able to let go of losing Peter; at all.

Wanda walks over and takes a seat across from me. "You're a mess."

"Gee, thanks." I snort.

"You need to go home, freshen up, eat..." She rambles.
"I am eating." I interrupt.

"Not this, crap- and get some rest because; you're forming dark circles." She explains.

I look to the floor annoyed and kind of embarrassed but; she was obviously right.

"Come let's go, c'mon." She pulls me up.

>>>>>>

It was about a week later when, Peter started showing some movement. Soon, he regained consciousness. However, the Doctor explained that his cognitive synapses were still taking time to recover so; he probably won't remember certain things.

When I asked how much he wouldn't remember he said; maybe year and a half of memories.

He explained that, it was probably a way for his brain to defend itself; from traumatic experiences as, a coping mechanism.

He kept rambling on but, I stopped listening after that; turning away as I felt the tears form in my eyes.

There's nothing worse than, hearing the love of your life survives from a concussion but; he won't remember the loving memories you shared with each other.

>>>>>>

Peter was discharged from the hospital a couple days later. The staff was amazed at his speedy recovery. I guess, it was one of the perks of being bitten by a radioactive spider.

Happy was sent to pick him up, as Wanda and I prepared for his arrival.

>>>