Connecting the Dots

Previously on Camouflage...

"I'm Dean Winchester..." ...

"And I'm Sam..." ...

"It's nice to meet you both." ...

"Woah there buddy. A little close don't you think?" ...

"Don't call me buddy." ...

"Wendigos? Are you sure?" ...

"Positive." ...

"Alright then..." "Let's kill this thing." ...

RANGER STATION, LOST CREEK TRAIL, LOST CREEK NATIONAL FOREST

Now

"You boys aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge, are you?" A forest ranger spoke coming up behind the two.

Sam looks at Dean before saying, "No, sir. We're environmental study majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper." He laughs while Dean raises a fist.

"Recycle, man!"

The park ranger crosses his arms before rolling his eyes. "Bull." He says, outright shocking the two while Angelica just chuckles and smirks.

"You're friends with that Haley girl, right?" The tall, lean man asks.

After a slight pause Dean replies, "Yes. Yes we are, Ranger..."

Dean looks at the man's name tag reading, "Wilkinson."

"Well, I'll tell you exactly what we told her. Her brother filled out a backcountry permit saying he wouldn't be back from Blackwater until the twenty-fourth, so it's not exactly a missing persons now, is it?"

Dean shakes his head before Ranger Wilkinson continues, "You tell that girl to quit worrying. I'm sure her brother's just fine."

"We will. Well, that Haley girl's quite a pistol, huh?"

"That's putting it mildly," The ranger says, shifting his balance to his right foot.

"Actually, you know what would help is if I could show her a copy of that backcountry permit. You know, so she could see her brother's return date." Dean raises a brow at the ranger prompting him to sigh and lead them inside where he prints out a copy just for them.

As the three exit the building Sam jogs up to Dean and huffs, "What was that? Are you cruising for a hookup or something?"

"What do you mean?" Dean asks, giving his brother a confused look.

"The coordinates point to Blackwater Ridge, so what are we waiting for? Let's just go find Dad. I mean, why even talk to this girl?"

Dean's eyebrows shoot up at Sam's proposition. "I don't know, maybe we should know what we're walking into before we actually walk into it?"

"But don't we already know that it's a Wendigo?"

"Since when are you all shoot first ask questions later, anyway?"

"Since now," Sam declared, leaving no room for further questions.

Angelica pursed her lips and decided to intervene. They needed to get on the road if they were gonna be able to help this boy at all.

"Alright, you two. Let's go. You can argue in the car for goodness sake."

Dean and Sam gave each other a look before doing what the Nephilim said and got in the car.

◇◇◇

COLLINS HOUSE

Dean pulls up the driveway before putting the Impala in park. Unbuckling their seatbelts the brothers and Angie hop out casually walking up to the front door where Dean rings the doorbell and steps back. Him and Sam wait for a response while Angelica hums quietly to herself.