| 08. |

CHAPTER 8 | WHERE THE GRASS IS GREENER

  The bandages weighed on the teenagers hands, all Pandora could do was observe them, too afraid of removing them and seeing what was underneath, whenever she closed them a numbing pain would appear. She sat comfortably in the small cot feeling the ship suddenly tremble harshly then stop.

Pandora had made sure to get plenty of rest to get rid of the drowsiness. Since she woke up from her long nap she had been thinking of how to approach the Mandalorian, sure he had rescued them but she still didn't know him.

She couldn't really explain how she was feeling at the moment, rather she was trying see passed everything he had done. She knew he wasn't going to harm them but they started off in a rough patch.

Pandora huffs letting her shoulders sag, she jumped out of the cot feeling the heaviness of her arms weigh her shoulders when she stood, and stared up at the ladder with a sigh "This is going to be a pain." She places her hand on the cold steel and makes her way up feeling the way her muscles were aching.

She heard Mando talk to the child wondering if the child even knew what he was talking about. Pandora took a moment to herself and played with her fingers gently and walked into the cockpit announcing her presence "How'd you sleep?"

"Good." She couldn't help but cringe at the silence that formed, she felt tense and debated on her actions telling herself that she should've just stayed in the cot where she was alone and not a bother. "So, where are we?" She asked, admiring the green fields that kept going on the further they moved in to land.

"Sorgan. I think you and the kid will like it." Pandora stared down at the trees seeing streams of water taking everything from the planet. Mando turns his head seeing her hold onto her seat as she tries to get a better view below them, her eyes wide like her smile. He noticed that these two weren't growing up where they could roam rather begin hidden off. This was definitely the perfect place for them to explore and interact with nature around them.

The ship gently lands making Pandora bounce her leg in anticipation. Mando flips a few switches making the ship turn off "Listen, I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna look around it shouldn't take too long." He says as he gets up from the pilot seat. The mention of going alone and leaving them there made her leg stop as she felt a sudden panic, she knew how to hold up after herself, however, whatever they did to her back on Nevarro wouldn't make her great for fighting anybody off at the moment.

Pandora admitted to herself that she didn't really want to be away from him especially now since he was a capable fighter. Mando then turned his attention to the child "Don't touch anything. I'm going to find us some lodging then I'll come back for you two." He says, but the child only stares at him knowing that his words fell on deaf ears. "You stay right here with Pandora.You understand?" Pandora look down at the child waiting for his reaction, but it was the same blank stare he gave Mando before "Great. Don't let him out of your sight." He says, before going down to the panel of the ship.

Pandora gulped no longer seeing him in her sights, as much as she grew up following orders she didn't feel comfortable being out in the open with little to no information of where anything was. In the back of her mind she wasn't going to let the child go, and follow Mando's simple orders. But staring down at the child's big eyes made an idea form "He'll say yes to you.. especially with those eyes that you can never say no too; cause that's like illegal to do." With that being said, she gently puts him down.