Drago's Heartache

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 2018

Time× 1:20 am

The drive home was filled with dead silence. They had left the hospital not too long ago and were now on their way home. Words jumbled up in Natalie's throat as she tried to find the courage to explain. Viktor clenched his phone tightly the entire drive, his hands as white as porcelain. He couldn't process what the fuck he found out in that hospital.

Natalie was pregnant.

She lost the baby.

He didn't know how to feel. He was just plain confused.

He had so many questions... and concerns but he didn't know what to do with them.

He felt numb.

Sacha cleared his throat, breaking the awkward silence that was making them all uncomfortable. "Would you like for me to stop anywhere, before reaching home, Viktor?" He asked, making a left turn. It was dark outside, the air cold.

"Just home," Viktor answered briefly, his eyes shut. The grip he had on his phone never gave out.

"Actually, Sacha could you stop at the nearest Walmart?" Natalie asked. "I want to get some yogurt."

Viktor's eyes snapped open. He turned his head in her direction, his face still expressionless. "The doctor told you to watch your sugar intake." He reminded her.

"I'm sure one yogurt wouldn't do any harm." She resorted.

"Well, I'm sure if it did you wouldn't tell me." He mumbled under his breath, closing his eyes again.

"What was that?" Natalie questioned, her eyebrows raised. Viktor didn't respond, he simply shut his eyes and tried to drown out the thoughts that were eating him alive. Natalie noticed he wasn't going to repeat himself, so she sighed. "You know what Sacha, never mind. Just take us straight home."

Sacha nodded, his eyes catching the frown on her face from the rearview mirror. The tension in the card was high enough to make him sweat. "Yes, Miss Natalie." He responded, heading in the direction of their apartment.

Natalie rolled the window down to let some air inside. She crossed her arms, and leaned back, watching as the world went by. Her phone pinged with messages from her father but she ignored them. She didn't feel like talking to him and honestly, she didn't know when she'd talk to him again. She needed time to comprehend what he had going on in his life. "I wish you were here mom." It rolled out her mouth in a hushed tone, no one heard her.

Natalie looked down at the white and yellow hospital band around her wrist. She felt a ball of fear settle in the pit of my stomach, thinking back to that day. Her eyes found their way back to Viktor. She knew he was pissed, she just wished he'd hear her out. "We're here," Sacha announced, unlocking the doors.

Viktor unbuckled his seatbelt before he opened the door, and walked out. He waited on the side of the car, not bothering to let out his hand for Natalie to take. She stepped out of the car and turned to wave at Sacha. "Thanks for the ride Sacha, it was nice meeting you."

"Same to you, Miss Natalie. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks." She mumbled, before shutting the door. She began making her way inside their designated complex, Viktor walked behind her making sure that there wasn't anyone being a creep. The paparazzi had been on their tale the whole ride home, and he didn't want to be caught in their grasp.

As they edged closer to their door, Natalie took her keys from her purse. She unlocked the door, stepping into their apartment, letting out a breath. "I talked to your dad," Viktor mumbled, locking the door. "I paid for his plane ticket, he should be here by the end of the week so you could talk to him."