Her Promise-Korra

Korra's pov

I stayed up late last night, thinking about Asami and what happened to her. I mean Zuko's dad is disgusting! Asami didn't let go of my hand all night which I didn't mind. She was also cuddling the turtle duck plushy I had won her when we first started hagging out. She named him Steve.

So when she woke up this morning I put on a brave face and tried not to show how tried I was. "Good morning beautiful, wanna get out of bed today? " I asked still holding her hand Asami nodded her head so I got out of bed in her side so I could keep holding her hand and then went to pull her up. "C-can you carry me? " Asami blushed, I knew she hated being and feeling vulnerable but if that's what she wanted she was going to be my little spoon for the day.

I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen with Steve coming along for the ride. I then left for the dog room and let them out smiling to myself on just how cute they are before bringing them all to the kitchen and fed them their breakfast and then heading over to the counter holding onto Asami's hand again as I made breakfast.

"So Sami, wanna talk about anything?" I asked worried that she wasn't her usual happy self. "I'm fine" she said sighing into Steve. So I used the best resource I could think of the Google. I looked up,

how to help struggling girlfriend?

And the answers were:

Buy chocolate
Talk, hear her story
Go to a place with dogs

And that's when it hit me. We have dogs they are the best comfort thing in the world. "Baby we're going to eat breakfast and then watch a movie, are you okay with that? " Asami just nodded and rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. I smiled and gave Asami her cereal holding the bowl for her as she ate, before I eat mine but had it on the counter.

I then carried Asami into the living room and gave her the controller. I then sat two of the calmer dogs on the sofa next to Sami. I love that they are trained so well, Asami and I did an amazing job. The girls then curled into Asami and she started to pet them both, which made her smile. I then sat down on the arm chair and the other 3 dogs and Mama Naga sat around us which made me wonder how Zuko is doing with his two, Zues and Hades but then Asami began a movie and I concentrated on that.

Asami then started to huddle around the girls which to me made it out like she was either cold or tired, so I stood up and grabbed our blanket from the bed and I know she loves it. "Here Sami" I said wrapping the blanket around my girlfriend before she thanked me quietly and carried on cuddling Hera. "Wanna talk about anything? " I asked as Hestia got off the sofa to play and I sat down on her spot. "Its nothing baby... " she answered and then cuddled into my chest. "Asami please you can tell me anything. " Asami then sighed after I said that, probably knowing that her game was up.

"I promised to take care of you Korra and I can't even take care of myself... "
I shook my head and kissed Asami's. "Of course you can Sami. You cook, you meditate, you read, you go on walks. That's way healthier and looking after yourself than most people. You are amazing Asami. " Asami smiled and kissed my cheek. "Thankyou Korra. I love you... " she said forgetting one detail, we had never said that to each other. "Oh, oh my gosh Korra I'm sorry, if its too soon I understand. " I shook my head and brought Asami's lips to mine smiling into the kiss. When I pulled away Asami looked dumbfounded but  all I was said was "I love you to Asami, and there is nothing in this world that can change that. "