6. who are the zoldycks?

-somewhere over the- rai- rainbo- rainbow, where the skys are blue-

I stared at my cold cup of coffee and sighed, it was time to leave; I had sat there for far too long awaiting when I would get up and look around

it has been a while since I saw my old cafe, after all, maybe that would help me understand what had happened.

a while back when I looked up who the black-haired guy was, an old man named zeno popped up on the browser. that fact might provide information because it's been a few years, i'm sure that the website has been updated.

I stood up and put the cup of coffee on the bar's sink and walked out, this coffee shop looked brand new and it wasn't here a few years ago, it's also in the spot where I first met the black-haired man when he destroyed the businessman.

so...they are changing yorknews essential details already? i'm only 19 and that makes me feel nostalgic.

as I walked along the road there seemed to be new buildings and sightings everywhere that I looked, the grocery was now a pie shop, the laundry-mat had turned into a candy store. 

it appeared as if everyone I used to know disappeared, even the landlord who usually greeted everyone with a bright smile, how un-relieving this was...

the snow settled over the small trees that grew in the sidewalk as decor, and everything was in monochrome colors, it was truly beautiful after all in this city.

finally, I came to a stop at a dusty cafe listed for sale, with all furniture and artwork inside still in it's newest state. however, the glass was broken and it looked as if someone gratified a lot of things.

I dug in my pocket for the key and pulled it out, the numbers '893' scripted on it, standing out in golden screaming paint.

the key fit in the doorknob but didn't open the door because it was already unlocked.

I wasn't surprised, breaking into old buildings was common in yorknew, I did it all the time.

the door pushed open and there on the carpet sat a small note. 

"where did you go y/n? and I thought you were careful..." -  K̶r̶p̶k̶

whoever wrote it obviously didn't write their full name, and crossed it out or maybe it was damaged, it didn't matter all that much to me because I knew who wrote it.

the handwriting was familiar, after all, I had seen it a couple of years ago when I met them.

I picked up the note and stuffed it in my bag, then I walked over to my desk which had an unfinished drawing of them on it. 

that was unimportant at the moment, I jumpstarted the old computer and sat down on the creaky stool.

it immediately returned to what I had last looked up "how to look more punk?" and I snickered at the old website's answer that was so cringeworthy.

now, I looked up "who exactly are the zoldycks?"

the zoldyck family owns and lives at, a dormant volcano in the dentora region of the, which stands at 3,722 meters (approx. 12,211 feet). their estate is surrounded by huge stone walls guarded by a giant hunting beast named and attendants highly skilled in martial arts. only a few people unrelated to the family have any idea what is within the estate. even the appearance of the members of the family is unknown to the public at large, as a single photo of any of the members can be sold for millions as the identity of a single member is only known by a few individuals. their family name alone can strike fear and terror in the underworld even more than the presence of the whole.

children in the family are trained from birth in the art of assassination, although each member of the family has the privilege to choose the specialty of their forte and liking as they grow up.

------

it stopped there and I blinked, the information told me that they were a group of assassins, which hisoka had told me but this didn't help me at all. apparently, the height of the wall was supposed to help me figure out why I am one.

I shut down the computer and sighed, now where am I supposed to go?

my phone rang and I picked it up [unknown, yorknew city, near you] 

what was I supposed to do? ignore it? probably, but it rose some satisfaction inside me so I answered and was met by a masculine voice.

"i've heard some weird things about you! my name is pariston, and i'm here to arrest you!"