10. fox-men = Neko?

"y/n?"

"y/n?"

"y/n? wake up!"

"five more minutes mom..."

a groan admitted out of the person trying to make a girl on the floor of a tunnel wake up, she passed out and fell just a minute before.

"I'm a male, therefore I AM not your mother, f/n!"

the girl flinched and she rose up, her h/c hair slowly becoming a darker h/c.

(if your hair is black, just pretend it's turning black right now, it'll make sense later)

 she blinked "wait...kurapika? you didn't leave me behind?"

he laughed "where'd you get that from? now come on, leorio and gon are waiting."

two hours later. . .

"WHOA! IS THAT A CABIN?! HOLY- uhh sorry." y/n looked at the three boys, who were giggling their heads off at the older teen.

she chewed on her finger as she walked up to the door, she wasn't nervous, she was excited.

the door swung open, y/n barely touched at all, "creepy..."she muttered

"GO Y/N!" gon yelled in her ear, he was behind her and probably pissing his pants because of the excitement.

---

I entered the building, there was an inhumanly huge fox kneeling over a woman, well shit.

"yo! I got the pizza!" a pizza appeared in my hands, and on my palm was a small drawing of a pepperoni pizza

it...was gone? gon and kurapika were running, and I blanked out. A G A I N

"fuck!" my voice aligned with leorio's who was trying to treat the woman on the floor.

I dropped the pizza on the floor and drew a clothe on my hand, and a bottle of water.

15 seconds later we were kneeling down pressing the wet clothe on her wounds.

"hey leorio? what aspires you to become a doctor?" I asked applying alcohol that came from his suitcase on her now closed wounds.

"huh? why are you asking that? aren't you a put up famous brat?" 

I snickered "maybe I am, does it matter? and I just don't know anything about you?" I tried and wrapped bandages around her arm.

he sighed, as if letting a huge weight off his chest.

"my friend died of a disease when we were twelve, nobody could or wanted to fix it, and even if they could it was expensive." the word expensive slid off his tongue, it made a grudging sound.

"that's horrible, but why?"

"we were poor, living out in the slums, all we ate was trash, and if we were lucky we could play with other basketball players and earn some food. money...it makes this damned world go round, and that's why I'm becoming a doctor, I'll say it's free."

now his eyes were sparkling, the thing was it was relatable. before I was adopted, I lived in the slums living off of rich peoples trash.

-_____-

"so, this was a test?" I asked and the girl nodded "yep!"

"my parents and I are experts at disguising, and we were told to watch over this spot! my brother here has been watching over YOU for a while now, ever since you exited that tunnel!"

stalker much? I played with the pencil in my hand and drew on a paper towel, a plastic ring appeared, to which I placed in gon's hair, it fit perfectly.

"y/n!"my attention was now directed back at kurapika and everyone else, they were amused at how a nineteen year old was playing with hair and fidgeting so much.

"yeah?" I put the pencil in my bag, and nudged the dirt with my foot, my ADHD would be the death of me, that's what everyone told me before when I lived with the foster fam.

they all were trying hard not to laugh "it's time to go."

"oh..."

I rode with gon, me being the lightest of us all, I guess I do have eating problems...

finally the next morning we arrived at a restaurant, where the fox men left us behind "we really have to get back home, but ask for a steak, and also-" it was hard to say goodbye, at least for leorio, I just wanted to go home, but now I was at the beginning of the exams.

there was no going back now!

we stepped in the backroom and smiled "well...I hope we pass." I whisper and they nodded.