Chapter 7

School was painfully slow on Friday, but Preston was in a good mood for once, and nothing could put him in a bad one. He couldn't wait to see Lucie. Was this a date? Were they just hanging out? At this point he really didn't care, just being with her made him happy.

The day came to a close and as soon as he got off the bus he practically ran to the Hippie shop. He hadn't ever really been inside the shop before, but he had passed it a million times. He stopped outside of it for a second before opening the door.

It smelled like incense inside, it smelled both good and bad. There was another smell, that definitely didn't smell too good. The shop was rather run down, and despite the name, it was rather dark inside. It was more of a lounge than anything too. There seemed to be a back room too, he heard people laughing and talking back there and....was that smoke coming from the room? He didn't see Lucie anywhere either.

He wasn't sure what to do. he awkwardly stood there, feeling very out of place. He breathed a sigh of relief when Lucie stepped out of the back room through a curtain of beads. When she saw Preston she smiled.

"I wasn't expecting you to get here so soon," she laughed.

"Yeah, I came right here."

"Dell! Ace is here!" She called back into the room. Out walked a woman that was probably in her early twenties. she had long dark brown hair that was parted down the middle and a long sundress on.

"Oh, so this is Ace," she said in a gentle voice. Lucie nodded.

"Ace, this is Deline, she owns the shop with her boyfriend Evaan," Lucie said smiling, but looking at Deline a little annoyed. Deline seemed very mellow and out-of-it, her eyes were a little red. she smiled and giggled.

"Nice to meet you, Ace," she said.

"Alright, we're gonna head out, see ya Dell," Lucie said pulling Preston out the door.

Once they were in the outside, Lucie turned to Preston, "Sorry about that."

"For what?"

"She was so high..."

"Oh, was that...all the smoke..."

"Yeah there was people smoking back there," Lucie laughed, "I wasn't expecting them to be there today."

"Smoking....?"

"Smoking weed..." Lucie laughed.

"Were you?"

"Me? No, no," she laughed, "I can't stand it."

"Why do you hang out there then?"

She looked away and shrugged. It was Quiet a moment.

"So where should we go?" She finally said.

"Umm, I don't know, wanna just walk around and find inspiration?"

"Sure," she laughed. They walked down the street idly chatting. They came to the town's movie theater. It was a small, low budget place that has been opened since the 1980's. Friday nights they always do "flash back Friday" type thing and put on some movie from the past. Today it was The Outsiders. Last week it had been Back To The Future.

"I always liked The Outsiders," Lucie said.

"Do you want to see it? We have hours still," Preston said smiling.

"...how much are tickets?" Lucie asked.

"I think they're like seven dollars," he replied wondering why she looked so worried.

She seemed to consider a moment, "Alright let's see it."

They walked into the building and bought two tickets, Lucie said she didn't want any popcorn or drink or anything, and refused to let Preston buy anything for her. Preston bought himself a small popcorn and cherry coke and walked into the theater. There were very few advertisements and soon the movie was starting.