chapter five

The accidental meeting with Jess happened 4 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours and 24 minutes ago. Not that it was a big deal, but since then the relationship between us became even more complicated than before.

Every time we were in class, he either threw things after me (what seemed to be a personell challenge for him regarding the amount of pencils and paper balls he attacked me with) or he would threw death stares at me or we ignored one another. Usually we were doing all of that in just one day. But we never talked with each other.

And when I say never I mean never. Not even the time when we should exercise dialogues in French with the partner behind us. Instead Jess did nothing else than reading in a book he brought with him. And since you can imagine how complicated it is to do a dialogue with yourself, I just sat there awkwardly scribbling in my book, while being scared to be punished by the teacher.

But they didn't care. Every teacher who had the luck to have a conversation with Jess, was aware not to do this mistake again. He was only a month here and already succeeded to be most hated pupil in this whole school. Whenever a tutor called on him, he simply ignored it or would simply leave the classroom and come back to the next lesson.

Where he would just sit down, take out whatever book he was currently reading and read the whole time until break. The first week some teachers tried to talk to him after class, asking him, if he wants to graduate school or telling him, that he should stop being such an idiot. Well they didn't say the last thing to his face, but definitely thought about it. He was really an idiot to everyone around him, not only to me. He showed openly how much he hates it here.

If someone would try to talk to him, he would shove them off with an cold comment, which always succeeded to hurt the victim. All the girls, who were interested in him, had to learn -after he didn't let anyone of them near him- that he wasn't interested.

What was good, because he would probably treat them like trash, so I was happy about the lack of interest of Jess in any of these girls. But Why wasn't he interested? No one knows, but there were many rumours about him, because of his strange acting. Some people say he was a secret agent trying to save the world,who couldn't risk a relationship, other people say he was just an annoying asshole.

Which was very accurate, but my personal favourite was, that he was a vampire, who was hiding from the werewolves and trying to find his Bella and couldn't find a suitable girl. But as long as he wasn't shining in the sun, I'll stick to the asshole theory. However whole Stars Hollow High, which was used to polite and nice behaviours, was confused by this student. And it seemed to spread to whole Stars Hollow, there were complaints that he stole from the store, that he stole a gnome of the garden of Babbet- I didn't get it either- and there was the drawing of an outline of a corpse in font of Taylor's store, which came out to be some sort of sick prank.

(Guess who had to clean this shit, while hearing rants of taylor about the importance of politeness and how rude young people were.) Although there were no real proofs that it was really Jess, who did the prank, it was obvious, because no one else would have the nuts to do such thing.

The town was exasperated, but there was no punishment for this boy. Mainly because Luke promised to get Jess under control and everybody trusted him. The only person who seemed to have some weird sort of friendship with Jess was Rory. She told me every time we met about book recommendations of Jess.

She seemed to be some kind of problem kid whisperer. It made me sick. Not only is this boy getting this town crazy, now he is meeting my girlfriend, fully aware about our relationship. And all these side glances, which made me always blush. Probably of rage. And these weird feelings of anger in my stomach I feel every time I see him. I couldn't concentrate myself at all in the last few weeks because of his presence behind me. And although I didn't think about him all the time, he still was in the back of my thoughts, ready to jump out any time and letting me brood about him.