•prologue•

"Sometimes, unsaid words should be left unsaid"
------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N: Start playing "The Truth Untold - BTS" for the whole book. Or else none of this will make sense and seem shitty, angsty and cheesy af)

He could hear their laughs even from his seat in the back. It was annoying him. No, irritating him. Kim Seokjin and Jung Hoseok. The obnoxious duo. They had just joined HYBE high this year, but Namjoon already hated the two.

No, hate is a strong word.

Namjoon despised the two.

It was really getting on Namjoon's nerves. He was trying so hard to read, but the two idiots wouldn't stop being so unnecessarily loud.

What was even so funny to them that they were laughing like crackheads? In the most obnoxious way if Namjoon may add.

He didn't know and didn't care enough to find out. But he's had enough. That's why he stood up from his seat and walked towards the two and slammed his book on the "obnoxious duo"'s table.

It scared the blonde to the point that he jumped and clung to the redhead. "Woh- what the hell man?" Hoseok asked Namjoon, almost falling over because of the blonde koala clinging to him.

"Keep it down. Some people are actually here to study. Unlike you two." Namjoon didn't give a damn about how rude it sounded. He's had enough with them. Not like he ever cared about what others thought of him.

"Yet Hobi and I are in the 1st and 2nd position." The obnoxious blonde named Kim Seokjin joked, with his regular goofy and jesting smile. It made Hoseok and a few others laugh.

It was really funny. Seokjin was adorable and Namjoon's pissed expression was the more funny thing about it.

Last straw.

"Is everything a joke to you? Do you have nothing else to do in life except for being a clown? You're so freaking obnoxious and stupid Kim Seokjin. You get on my nerves and even your hair color is stupid. Blonde? Seriously? Well suits you for the clown you are." Namjoon let out.

He never usually snapped at someone. But Kim Seokjin knew how to push all of his buttons and pull his last straw. Even if the blonde was oblivious about it.

It immediately quieted the blonde. Even wiped the smile off his face. "I'm sorry." He said in a small voice and sat back down properly, staring aimlessly at the book. Now Namjoon regretted his words. But he deserved it!

"Don't listen to him hyung, he's just an asshole. You hair color is beautiful." Hoseok glared at Namjoon, but did the ravenette care? Nope. Not at all.

Then he walked back to his seat, not caring the numerous glares bearing holes through his soul from all over the class. But at least now I have, peace..?

Nobody was ever able to bring clouds to Seokjin's sunshine. No matter how bad the insult was, Kim Seokjin was always found smiling. That's why Hoseok and Seokjin were termed as "The Sunshine Duo". Stupid, according to Namjoon.

For the rest of the day, Seokjin neither made a joke or smiled. The whole class and cafeteria was also gloomy today. So much fuss just because of a hair color?

He didn't know why it offended him. When Namjoon had his blonde phase, nobody liked it and even made fun of it. But it didn't affect him as much.

And in Seokjin's case, everyday everyone tells him how good and handsome he looks in blonde. He's sure that even the blonde knows that he doesn't look even a percent of the word bad. So why would it affect him?

Namjoon was sure that Seokjin didn't even know that he existed. Then why would a stranger's words hurt him while everyone around him is telling him otherwise?

Namjoon had noticed. Hoseok joked about everything but not Seokjin's looks or hair. Perhaps, he was self-conscious about his looks?

No, that's impossible. Kim Seokjin oh-so-proudly declares how good looking he is and how much he loves himself.

Kim Seokjin was a puzzle that Namjoon neither wishes to solve, nor touch.

-------------
"Maybe I can never fly.
Like those flower petals there."
"Maybe I can't touch the sky.
But even so, I want to stretch out my hand.
I want to try to run.
Just a little more."
- Kim Seokjin