24. December

The fire in the fireplace crackled and warmed the room. Bradley sat on the sofa and Stefani lay between his legs. He drew some lazy circles on her arm and looked at her dreamily.

That was a wonderful Christmas!

Our first one together.

She stretched her head back and looked at him.

I love you, you know that? Ever since I met you, I've wanted nothing more than to be with you!

I haven't just wanted it... I knew that someday we would be together. And now there's three of us sitting here in front of the fireplace... Lea sleeps happily with her new presents and our parents are looking forward to our brunch tomorrow.

If I didn't know better I would think it is a dream ...

She cuddled up to him again and held one arm of him.

Do you know that the idea of each of us having the same pyjamas was a very sweet idea?

She smiled.

Lea was very happy about it. She was happy about everything she got today.

She is such a sweet girl... She is always well-behaved and kind ... She deserves all these presents!
I hope our little bean will be as wonderful as Lea later on.

Of course the little bean will be. Don't you think so?

He put his big hand on her stomach.

I think ... that was a yes.

Stefani had to grin.

You are really just too cute!

Cuter than you is impossible!

At that moment a grumble came from his stomach.

Bradley Charles Cooper. You're not seriously trying to tell me that you're still hungry? You ate almost the entire casserole and half of the cake ... and let's not even talk about the salad or the turkey!

You heard my stomach...

Both started laughing.

I will be right back! Wait... just stay there and don't move!

He climbed off the sofa and went into the kitchen. Meanwhile Stefani was still sitting on the sofa and stroking her belly.

Your daddy ... as soon as I met him he always went to my fridge. But you know what ... maybe he is the hungriest man I know, but also the best and most wonderful. If you are there he will do everything for you! We will do everything for you! You should have seen him the first time he saw you at the ultrasound.

Who are you talking to?

Bradley came back into the living room with a tray and put it on the table next to the sofa.

I was just talking to the baby...

At those words, something in his eyes started to sparkle.

And I was successful in the kitchen ... what does the pregnant lady think about fruit salad?

She thinks it is a rather sweet gesture from her husband and would like a bowl of fruit salad!

Wonderful!

He gave her the bowl and sat down behind her again so she could lean back on him.

And as dessert I have a cookie from Lea ... with pink unicorns on it?

She put a spoon of the fruit salad in her mouth.

That's good!

Yes?

Stefani nodded and shoved a spoon in his mouth as well.

It's enough for a midnight snack.

She ate another spoon and then turned to him.

Say something, now I'll eat your food.

No, no, no. I'm fine... Eat! I like to share with you. Especially because the bowl is huge... I think there is enough for everyone.

She gave him the bowl and laughed a bit. Bradley smiled at her and gave her back the spoon.

Eat my girl ... you have to eat for two.

He kissed her on her cheek and snuggled up against her.

I feel bad, B!

You don't need to feel bad ... we'll share the cookie and if I'm still hungry there's plenty more in the kitchen. Here you go ... Open your mouth.

He put a piece of cookie in her mouth and made her smile.

This is exactly why I love Christmas. There is always so much delicious food!

Uhum ... but the most delicious thing here is you!

He leaned in and gave her a kiss. She raised an eyebrow and looked into his blue eyes.

What are you getting at?

I just wanted to tell you that I love you!

Of course you do ... but I love you too! Very much... even more than you can imagine.

Uhh no, that's not possible! So I always love you at least-

No! I'll always love you one percent more than you love me!

How about if we agree on we both love each other the same?

Always one percent more!

Even if you said that now ... I will always protect my beautiful wife and love her more than she loves me ... so ... periodt!

Bradley turned around when he heard a soft noise behind him. Immediately his protective instincts kicked in. When he saw who was making the noise, he smiled.

Come over.

The little girl ran to the sofa.

Hey my cutie!

It's snowing!

Stefani stroked her blond hair.

It's snowing?

Yes! Look!

Bradley helped Stefani stand up and took her hand in his as they walked together to the window.

It's beautiful!

It is! Beautiful, like our family!

You know that I' totally happy ... to 100% happ?

101% ...

She winked at him and laughed when he started to tickle her.

Give me a kiss!

She did what she was told, with much passion and desire.

Lea also wants a kiss!

Ouh Baby, come here ... come to mommy!

Bradley picked her up so that the little girl was on the same high as them. All three cuddled and both parents gave the little one a big kiss on her cheeks.