Screwed

'Hey.' I said using my weird horse telepathy. 

'HELLO' Silveny yelled. 

"Woah girl, you really need to work on your volume." I said aloud.

'SORRY' Silveny said a little bit quieter. 

"You can hear her?"

_______________________

"No, I just imagined a sparkly alicorn yelling in my head and told her to quiet down." I said with a perfect poker face. 

Sophie and Keefe gave me the same bewildered look and I burst into a fit of laughter "Your... faces." I said between laughs.

"So you can hear Silveny?" Sophie asked going back to the confused look she had on her face before. 

"Yeah, my telepathy is a bit weird." I said. Forkle coughed. 

"Miss Foster we are running a tight schedule here and I'm sure Grady and Edaline also gave you a time frame." he said, Sophie's mouth formed an O as she remembered what she was here for.

Forkle pushed open the door that we just came out of and Sophie and Keefe started walking toward it. "Unfortunately Mr. Sencen, I will be taking Sophie alone. I can assure you however that she will be in the best of care." Keefe's eye's flicked over to me. 

"Safe in the hands of a physician that is the same age as me." he said grabbing Sophie's arm.

I laughed, "Oh if I was the physician that would be a disaster." I said thinking about the time's Will got me to help him at the medical center. 

"Then what are you here for?" Keefe asked. 

"We are getting off topic." Forkle said before I could say anything. 

"Long story short Sophie will be fine and we get to sit here in the comfortable not at all creepy cave." I said.

"Keefe. I'll be fine." Sophie said looking way to confident for a girl basically volunteering to die. Keefe gave one last extremely hesitant look before letting go of her arm. 

I pumped my fists in the air when Sophie disappeared behind the door, "Woohoo, we get to be waiting in cold creepy cave partners." I said holding my hand in the air waiting for a high five.

Keefe frowned before looking up at me, "Is this how my friends feel when I make a joke out of things that shouldn't be joked about?" He wondered aloud. 

I shrugged "Probably." Keefe's shoulders dropped. 

"20 bucks that she comes out after an hour." I said trying to lighten the mood. 

"Bucks?" Keefe asked, staring at me quizzically. 

"It's a human currency I guess." I said,

"Why do you know human currency's?" Keefe asked, 

"I grew up with them." I said, internally smiling because I am succeeding in distracting Keefe from Sophie.

For the rest of the time that we were waiting I told Keefe about my life with humans, an extremely sugar coated version of it. "Step father?" Keefe asked. 

"Yeah, my father left my Mom and I when I was a baby." I said. 

"And you're not mad?" Keefe asked gawking at me. 

"Of course I'm mad. If he hadn't left then my Mom wouldn't have had to marry Gabe." I said Gabe with the most disgust I could muster.

Keefe's eye's flashed with understanding "Well the role of 'hot with daddy issues' is already taken." he joked.