The Metal Man

BANG!!

"Again."

BANG!!

"Again!"

Bang!!

"Come on! Are you even trying?!" Strucker yelled from the other side of the glass.

I bent over my knees and tried to catch my breath, my ponytail falling over my shoulder.

"Sir, we are tired. We need a break." Pietro said, panting.

"You can have a break when you are dead!" He yelled the frustration reverberating through his voice. I grunted and rolled my eyes. We had been doing this for 3 months solid, breaking only for food and sleep at night. I was exhausted.

"AGAIN!!" 

I stood up straight and prepared myself. I felt my power flow towards my hands. They began to grow a deep scarlet and a target popped out I flung the ball of energy at is, causing it to explode in splinters.

"Now. We practice you're levitation." I sighed and went to the corner of the room we were locked in. it was similar to the glass rooms we had spent so much time in when we first came here, but with white walls. The wall opposite of me was full of windows that lit the room, besides that there were no other lights but those that were in the room on the other side of the glass.

I sat down on a cushion that lay in the corner and moved the hair off of my shoulder. I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breathes. I opened my eyes again and moved some kids wooden playing blocks  in front of me.

"What about me. What do I do now?" Pietro asked. I knew he just wanted to sit and breath for a while but we both knew that wasn't happening.

"The obstical again." He pushed a button and the floor began to shift. Walls moved out and shifted into a maze. Pietro took a deep breath and then vanished in a streak of blue.

I pushed my focus back to my activity. I tried to clear my mind and focus on the blocks that sit in front of me. I moved my hands out from my sides and felt the energy slide towards my fingers. Scarlet energy ran from my fingers and slowly enveloped the blocks.

Trying not to loose concentration, I willed them to lift. The blocks lifted a few inches at first and then a couple feet. I twirled them around a few fell to the floor. Pietro slammed into one of the walls and the blocks fell a few inches and a couple fell completely. 

I concentrated as hard as I could with the few blocks still in the air.  Pushing them around slowly and practicing getting them further and further from me each time. Most of the time they didn't make it any further and a meter or two before the energy flickered and died out causing the blocks to drop to the ground.

I heard a horn blare and a man appeared next to Strucker in the room. The man bent over and whispered something into Strucker's ear. He looked up at the man. The man nodded and then Strucker looked at us.

"Twins go through the open door and follow the hall until you find me. We have a visitor." A metal door across the room swung open and I stood up, joined Pietro and walked together through the open door and through the hall. After about three minutes we met Strucker and he led us to one of the many interrogation type rooms.

"I will come get you when our visitor is ready." Strucker instructed. We sat in our respective chairs and waited. I turned to Pietro after Strucker and our usual guards left the room.

"Who do you think it is. Normally we don't get to meet the visitors."I asked. Pietro shrugged.

"Who knows. But it has to be important if we are being shown to other people. Strucker said he didn't want anyone knowing about us because he wanted an upper hand."