Chapter 2: Reaping Day

There's two boys and two girls so far we need another boy. "Sage Smith." Lola says. That was the boy that I had volunteered for. He walks up to the stage next to me. Now there's three boys. Lola goes to the girls bowl. She takes out a name. "Primrose Evergreen." A girl walks out of the thirteen year old row and walks up to the stage. No one volunteers. It's three girls now. Lola pulls the next name for the boys. "Joshua Hash." Lola says. A boy walks out of the seventeen year old area. I'm worried about Cedar and that other boy named Sage, and I'm worried about Jasmine too. There's four boys. We only need two more. Lola pulls the fourth girls name. "Liliana Crossly." She says. The girl walks out of the twelve year old area. That's four girls. Lola pulls two names at the same time out of the boys bowl. "Alex and Ash Crossly." Lola just pulled out three people from the same family. Liliana, Alex, and Ash. There's now a complete six boys. Lola pulls two names from the girls bowl. "Juniper Smith and Glory Hash." She says. It seems like most of the tributes this year had their brother or sister come with them. The two girls come from the twelve year old area. Alex comes from the fourteen year old row and Ash comes from the 15 year old row. Lola goes to the middle of the stage. "That concludes the reaping for the One Hundred Twenty Fifth Hunger Games." Lola says. We're all taken to a train where there is more cameras and a lot of pictures. I'm blinded by the light and I'm put inside the train. Before we go to the Capitol we get the chance to eat something later. We have to watch the Hunger Games daily update. The tv turns on and I see the Master of Ceremonies King Flickerman. "Welcome residents of the Capitol, to the daily Hunger Games update." He says. "This is how interviews will work. One day we'll do Districts One and Two, then Three and Four, Five and Six, Seven and Eight, Nine and Ten, and finally Eleven and Twelve." King says. "Now the tribute train should be coming tomorrow and I heard that the cabins are connected to each other so the tributes can visit other Districts!" King yells excitedly. "Anyway, that's it for the daily Hunger Games update." King says. The tv turns off. "I'll call you all for dinner later, for now you can visit other tributes." Lola says. She walks off to her room and the door closes. I see a few sympathetic faces. I don't think District Twelve has reached yet so we have Districts 1-10 to talk to but I'm only interested in Ten and Nine. The train starts moving and I sit down in a chair. District Twelve usually does heart warming goodbyes so this'll take longer. I didn't say goodbye because both my brother and sister are with me in the games. The door that I'm sitting across from opens. It's the District 10 tributes. They come in here and start talking to us. A boy and a girl that look about the age of twelve and thirteen come over to me. They look like they're related. "Hi I'm Drake and she's Hayley. We were wondering if we could be allies?" The boy named Drake asks. "But we won't be in the same arena. You'll be with District Nine and I'll be with Twelve." I say. "I meant for the final round if we survive this round." Drake says. "Uhm sure." I say. They head back in their cabin while they're excited. We stop at District Twelve. I see a lot of them crying while others try not to look weak. They go in their cabin. District 10's door slams open but it's not District Ten. It's District One and Two. "These are probably going to be a boring game." One of the boys say. "There's probably going to be no victor considering they'll all die of hunger." One of the girls say. They look at me. "Look at that small Twelve year old." They start laughing. They walk back to their cabin. If only I had a sickle right now, I'll show them what a small twelve year old is. The District Twelve tributes aren't ready to talk yet so I'm just going to wait later until they're not afraid of death. There's twelve rooms apparently. One for each boy and one for each girl. I go in mine and I lay down on the bed. I go to sleep and wait for the Capitol.