Chapter - 13

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Harry looked up from the papers that were strewn across the table,  glaring  at the omega in front of him. Louis leaned against the wooden door; his hands folded in front of him.

 "I want to go outside to the market." The devil finds work for idle hands. Having nothing else to do, all Louis could come up with was this. Its been ages since he went outside, the four walls of the palace cramming in on him. 

"No. You can't". Harry didn't look up, his eyes still on the paper, occasionally scribbling something down. Of course what else was he expecting. Louis huffed throwing daggers at the alpha in front of him. He looked like a stubborn toddler, his hands folded on his chest a small pout dancing on his lips.

"Go bother someone else omega. I'm busy now." Harry mumbled as his eyes skimmed through the pages.

"You can send a guard with me. I will not try anything funny." 

"Did you hear anything I just said?" Harry looked up for a second.

"Other wise you can come with me."

"In your dreams. I will not come with you to town." Harry turned around to take another paper purposefully ignoring the sulking boy.

Louis walked inside the office plopping himself on one of the cushions. "I don't understand.  Why am I here? You are the emperor now. You can find any one else. I am sure there are people who are willing to lick your shoes."

"Are you done? Is there anything else?" Harry gave him a bored look, twirling the pencil between his fingers.

Louis frowned, hating the way the man answered in clipped tone. He crossed his arms, nibbling on his lips. "I am not happy here. I hate you. I hate the alphas. I hate it here."

"That's the whole point." Harry rolled his eyes leaning back on the chair. "This is not a vacation home for you Louis. Now are you done your majesty?" Louis stomped his legs, before slumping back on the chair.

"No. This is not fair. I want to go outside. I am going insane."

"Being insane is not something new. Also If you are bored, it sounds like a personal problem." Harry moved back and forth on his chair, occasionally flipping through the pages.

"You should make sure that your subjects are happy."

"You are testing my patience Lewis." Harry closed the book before looking up, his eyes narrowed. "I'm close enough to losing it."

"Then listen to me Harold."

Harry huffed at that. "Go get your facts straight. Who do you think I am?"

"An awful alpha, who do not listen to his poor subjects."

Harry threw the pencil on the table, rubbing a hand over his face. "You are insufferable." He stood up, moving towards the door. When the omega didn't get up he turned around hands on the doorknob.

"Are you coming or should I go to town alone?"

Louis gaped at the closed door a few seconds before jumping up. He ran towards the door tripping on one of the cushion. "Wait-wait for me."

----------------

"Why are you undercover?"

Harry turned back, rolling his eyes.  "The people will identify me. I always go like this, it make me feel more closer to the people."

"I thought you royals do not care about the peasants." Louis muttered kicking a small pebble.

"I treat my people with utmost respect and love Louis. Without them, there is no royals." Harry warned. Louis knew he was playing with fire, so he kept quite biting his tongue. They were swimming on the calm waves of the ocean now, and Louis definitely did not want to build up a storm.