The heart not so cold (part 1)

Author's notes:

I would like to present a preview of the new chapter.

Hope you'll like it.

2020.11.29 - a preview was posted.
2020.12.01 - a whole chapter posted.

PS. My current plan for a couple of next weeks:
3rd chapter of Alone,
3rd chapter of Kiss the Rain (it's possible that I will end up rewriting the 1rst chapter as well),
3rd chapter of Sometimes it's just better not to know,
8th chapter of The rise of the Blood Moons' servants.

Then, I will probably rewrite one chapter of "My home is where my heart lies" and write 17th chapter of that story, but who knows.

PS.PS. If you have an idea that you would like to see me write, or want me to quicken the writing of any of my stories, feel free to write a comment :D

As always, till the next time, and thanks for everything.

End of author's notes

It is so easy to fool people. To achieve that, all you have to do is just pretend, lie and manipulate. Of course, the prestige, renown, connections can make the whole process easier, but it can be achieved without it.

Oh, how stupid Ashe was to even remotely believe that the peace between her people and Senjuani's would last. She wanted that to happen more than probably anything in her life. She was ready for sacrifices to see the end of that war. Months of chaotic, draining negations were rewarded with the peace treaty. In that very moment, the queen of the Freljord was the proudest woman in the entire world. To see the results of her efforts was indescribable.

At last, she could focus all of her strengths, not to defend or conquer, but to rebuild her nation. She knew that it was a lot to ask for, but she believed that it was achievable. Oh... how naive she was, how stupid.

The snowy-haired woman married the barbarian only to strengthen her people. There were no such things as love behind it. She was smiling, cheerful, beautiful at their wedding, but deep inside, she was dead. The young woman never planned to marry anyone. She was forced to do this, to secure the future of her one true love – her people.

Even when the priest gave them the blessings of the Gods, and allowed them to make love for the very first time as a king and queen, she was acting. When he tried to make her fall for him, Ashe just demanded him to quicken up the pace. Even though she was a virgin, she did not ask for gentleness, she wanted the whole farce to be over with as soon as possible. Don't get me wrong. The white-haired queen was screaming on top of her lungs that night and every night after that. But it was not out of pleasure, it was caused by unbearable pain.

Probably the most difficult part of her life was to play the role of a happy wife. It required her to wear a mask all the time. But... if it was the cost for the future of her people, she was more than willing to pay that price. Still, it was ridiculous, but... deep inside of her, Ashe wanted to be just like every other woman. She wanted to live happily ever after, after all.

It was so foolish for the queen of Freljord to believe in any words that escaped the mouth of Sejuani. She should have known better than to trust the raiders' boss.

The peace did not even last a year. When the people of Ashe were celebrating the holiday, the armies of Sejuani attacked. With her forces, the raiders' boss's new ally came along. The Noxus sent one of its many legions to assist so-called "true queen of Freljord" in reclaiming her throne. Just in the span of a few days, most of the Ashe's territory was conquered. Within the next few days, the army led by Tryndamer – Ashe's husband – was decimated, and the king was executed publically. All the young queen was left with was a capital and a couple of villages that were protected it. The army was gone. In fact, it was the snowy-haired woman who insisted on leaving only a handful of troops in the capital city. And now, she was going to pay the price for her foolishness.