In My Defense......

So in my defense, I haven't been trying to get my best friend. I didn't know that was the glass she was going to grab. It had been meant to get back at another friend for turning my hair bright pink while I was talking to a cute guy on the Ravenclaw quidditch team. (Which mind you took three days to fade). That's what led to me currently being chased all throughout the castle with what I would only be able call a banshee screaming after me.

I realized my mistake after I already made it. I turned down the one hallway in the castle that I didn't seem to know, and from the looks of it there were absolutely no classrooms I could duck into.

Just my luck.

From the corner of my eye I see fairly two tall redheads laughing near a window. I didn't recognize them but it was worth a shot.

I slow down to a jog, trying to catch my breath but decide to just duck behind the one facing the window more.

"Hey. wo.." He exclaimed as I pushed behind him.

"Listen, my friend is trying to find me to yell at me and there's no way I can outrun her. I'm just going to hide behind you since you're taller than me, thank you."

He just chuckled. Clearly taking the panic in my voice as "this isn't up for debate".

Suddenly a shriek can be heard from down the corridor.

"I know you're down here! I saw you run down here." I heard the voice of my best friend yell at nothing in particular.

I pulled at the guy in front of me and crouched down. Using him as a shield against my friends rage.

Her footsteps echo through the hall and she pauses when she gets to where the two boys are standing. I try to make myself as small as possible. Which is pretty easy seeing as I'm already so tiny.

"YOU!" She hollers and I panic, thinking she found me. "There was a girl about yay big, must have just come through here. Where did she go?"

You can tell he's trying not to laugh, through his legs I can see her face is currently the same bright red color as her hair. I bite my hand to make sure I don't let a giggle slip.

"Oh yeah, I think she went down that way." I hear the two voices say in perfect sync. She huffs and runs down to whichever way she pointed them.

I peered out from behind his shoulder to double check she was really gone.

"Well. That's not going to be fun to deal with later." I say to mostly myself.

Suddenly I realize that I am actually hiding behind a random stranger. I pull myself up to my full height and can feel my cheeks heat up.

"Um. Thank you for that I guess." I stick out my hand. "Im y/n by the way."

He grabs it with a firm hand. "George. That's Fred."

He says nodding to, what I can only assume is, his twin.

"I...I should probably get out here before she comes back."

They both laugh at that, and just like that I take off the way I came in.

"See you around. Stay out of trouble." George calls out as I'm running away. I make a quick turn and smile at him before I run out of the hallway.