Part 16: Vows

-Sophia Shade-—————————————————
I look myself over in the mirror once more. I lean closer to the mirror and finish putting makeup on my face. I cock my head and a smile plays on my face. Today would be my wedding day.

And everything was going as planned.

The guests had all flowed in on cue. All the people from the city had come too. It was perfect. Everything was perfect.

***
(Suggested song- Bury me face down by grandson)
***
-Zachariah Rally-
—————————————————
I feel like we're always waiting for something. This time it's for the wedding to start. I clench my fists tightly together as I stare at Cameron.

He doesn't deserve this.

The music starts to play and we turn to the doors. I sit with Lee, Nate, and surprisingly, Kala. She came back to see Sofi get married, even if she didn't like her being here. It's good though.

The doors open and Leila walks in, holding a bouquet of flowers. She's dressed in a pale green dress. She looks beautiful but I can't stop thinking about Sophia. She's getting married.

Leila walks up to the podium where the thrones are. She stands to the left of Sophia's throne. Another throne is placed right by hers. It annoys me.

Elara had also come in, throwing flower petals on the walkway. She tries to smile but her eyes are upset. About what, I have no idea. I exhale deeply.

The music for the bride starts to play. I look to the door in anticipation. From the curtains, I see a leg start to step out. Sophia. Instead of the familiar white of a dress, I see black. Like a funeral. Everyone gaps. Her crown is already on her head. It's supposed to be put on after they wedding. For the coronation.

I can't deny that she looks gorgeous. She also looks pissed. Her makeup is dark and her eyes are cold. She has a faint smirk on her face. It's like everything is happening in slow motion. She rolls her eyes at Cameron.

I can't help but smile.

Her hair is down instead of up like it should be. She runs her tongue over her top lip. She storms to the alter and waves at Cameron. Not a normal wave though. She just waves her fingers.

Leila gapes at her, horrified. Lee looks at me panicked. I look over at Kala who try's to keep a straight face but she can't hide her smile. She loves this. Nate is starting to chuckle.

She stands at the alter, lazily and stops.
"Hello Cameron. I must say, I really bought it. Your quite convincing. If your weren't the king I would suggest being an actor." He widens his eyes.

"Your a pig." She hisses. "You really expect me to marry you when you plan on killing me after I grant you the matrimony. You just want my crown."

Everyone gasps and starts whispering. I start to stand. I knew he was bad. Lee pulls me back down. I clench my jaw.
"So I suggest you get the hell out of my palace and my kingdom. Before I change my mind and kill you." I laugh.

I can't help it. She's amazing. Completely and utterly amazing. She stares him down but he says nothing. He's completely speechless. I look to Elara who I think will be surprised but she seems completely unfazed by these events. In fact she's glaring at her brother intensely. He finally speaks.

"What are you talking about?" He says quietly. This time it's Elara who groans.
"Oh shut up Cameron. We know." I widen my eyes and let out a laugh. So does Lee, Kala, Leila, Sophia, and a few other people in the crowd.

"So like I said. Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. Kingdom." She says fiercely. Everyone starts speaking at once. And something happens, Cameron starts to laugh. Everyone quiets down.