Epilouge

(Suggested song- Wings by birdy)

They all sit there. Laughing. Smiling. Not so little Katerina play with a little Lorenzo. They smile and try to run away from Elara who chases them through the tall grass. They all laugh.

Sophia looks over at Zachariah and they squeeze each other's hands. A thing they had devolved over the years. A way of saying I love you without actually saying it. Lee sits with Kala and they laugh at Katerina's reaction.

Leila places her hands on her stomach. She's finally pregnant with a girl. Nathan holds her hand as they talk with the group. Little do they all know that Sophia is pregnant as well. Sophia and Zachariah included. They all smile.

They don't pay attention to the construction of a new and beautiful castle in the distance. They don't pay attention to the scattered crowns on the ground that were taken off. It's just them. And they're all happy.

The creek lightly runs by them. The water glistening in the sunlight. The willow tree, dancing lightly in the wind.
Sophia looks at it and for a moment she sees them once more. Kathryn and Jaxon sit underneath the tree, smiling at each other and laughing.

Then they're gone, just as suddenly as they appeared. Over the years they had appeared to her suddenly in a flash. She never told anyone. It was something she didn't want them to know. They didn't need to know.

And besides, she was happy. They were happy and it seemed, so were Jaxon and Ryn. So that's how she left it.

They all smile at each other. Lorenzo runs up to Zach and climbs into his lap.
Zach whispers something to him and Lorenzo laughs lightly. His laugh was beautiful. Like something from a dream. It almost was. A dream.

And it was beautiful.

***

And that wraps it up! Luv you all. Check out Heirs next! <3