Dylan's Journal (2)

Journal,

                I'm back, and with some good and bad news. Good news:  Mya and I went out on a 'play date' that I wish was an actual date. She looked beautiful today. I decided to take her out on a picnic; you should've seen her face, she was so happy, which gave me butterflies. She always give me butterflies. After the picnic, we drove around town, and spent the rest of the day looking up at the sky.

                I remember Mya and I used to do that all the time when we were little, but that's when we were really close, when we spent every day of every year together, and told each other everything, and called each other every day when our moms made us go to different summer camps. That was how close we were.

                When we got home, we were right on time for my Mom's 'Home-Famous' spaghettis. It was like my fork was stirring into a plate of heaven. Mya gave my mom some good advice about deciding to go back to college to major in cooking. My mom always considered it, but never had the motivation and determination to do it. With Mya here, I'm sure she'll motivate my mom enough.

                Speaking of Mya staying here; that might be a problem. My dad will be returning from his long-term business trip soon, and I don't believe he'll be happy to know that Mya is staying here with us. I haven't told you much history between my family and Mya's, but it's not good one. Apparently, my dad asked Mya's mom to be his date to prom in front of the whole school, but she turned him down. My dad said it was the most humiliating moment in his entire life. Poor dad, but that doesn't mean to hold a grudge for so many years.

                My mom though, is great friends with Mya's mom and loves her dearly. But anytime Mya or her family came over, my dad always stayed in his room, or went out somewhere. He can really hold a grudge. Now that's he back after eight months, he'll probably be highly furious with her staying, and take out all his anger from 'that rejection' out on Mya. He might kick her out, and I can't let that happen to Mya; but I can't really stand up to my dad. He has a lot in common with Mya's dad; he strong, big, and has major anger-issues. I honestly don't know why my mom married him.

                He'll be coming in a few days, and my main goal right now is to keep Mya safe. I love her.

That's it for now Journal.

~Dylan.

___________

~Author's Note

~I actually find it cute if a guy keeps a journal, Dylan is a total sweetheart.

~What's the first song that popped into your head when reading this question? Mine was Hot Ni**a by Bobby Schmurda. Does anyone here like his song?