FIFTEEN

My vision is still kinda blurry, but I can see a crowd of people in front of me, and it's giving me a headache. No, it's just Dyl, and my mom, Mrs. Bartley, and the nut job who almost killed me...

"Take him out of here right now!" I started panicking, thinking he was here to finish what he started. "No, no, no! Get him away from me! Get him away from me! Take him out please!" I scream so loud, while Dylan was trying to calm me down. He finally left the room; I think he went outside to get more 'fresh air', or probably plot another diabolical way to kill me. Why did they even bring him in here? I never want to see his face again.

"Babe, babe, it's all gonna be okay. You just have to stay in the hospital for one more night, then I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

"Okay, but—"

"Excuse me," a police officer said coming into my room.

"May I see the family and friends of Mya please, into the hallway?" What happened while I was knocked out? Did someone tell the police?

Dylan kissed my head and left out the room, along with everybody else.

If I moved myself in a better position, I could almost hear what they were talking about. Though they were whispering, so I had to listen very closely.

"Would anyone mind ... me ... this ...?" What were they saying? It was really hard to hear.

"Well, my dad obviously knew that Mya ... allergic ... soy, but he still ... splattered it all over her. Plus, he beats on ... mom, leaving her physically and emotionally scarred." What? Mr. Bartley's a woman-beater too?!

"That man ... belong here! Send him straight to prison! He tried to kill... daughter! He's not safe!" I heard my mom yell quietly.

"Well while ... spreading secrets, Mya's dad is ... a woman-beater, and ..."

Dear God, I made Dylan promise to not tell anybody that. I bet everybody's face in there was stunned.

Dylan stayed in the room with me to keep me company afterwards. Isn't he just the sweetest thing? We could hear both our moms talking to each other. Sounds like she (my mom) wants me to come back home with her as long as Mr. Bartley is still remaining in his home.

"Mya, I'm sorry about telling your mom about your dad, but it just felt like the right thing to do. I'm sorry if I broke your trust."

"It's okay." He didn't break my trust, he was just trying to keep me safe. That's what boyfriends do.

"I don't want you to leave, but I also don't want you to stay with me as long as my dad is there too. I just want the best for you." I could feel the tear drop rolling down my face. What was I to do? I didn't want to go back home with my dad, who didn't even bother to come and see if I was okay; but I also didn't not want to live in the same house and the man who tried to kill me. What was I to do?

"Maybe I can ask some of my girlfriends if I can stay with them for a while until I get the money to get my own place, or just live with my aunt. Problem is, my aunt lives miles away, which would mean transferring to a new school and—"

"I know, I know. You don't have to finish. Whatever decision you choose, I will always love you. Forever." He hugged me, and kissed my forehead. He always knew what to say to calm me down. He's the best thing I have. The best part me, and all of this, is him. He lights my world up. He makes my doubts, fears, and regrets just disappear. I love him. For infinity.

There was a knock on our door, and it was both our moms.

"Children, we have something to tell you," my mom said so upsettingly. What was going on?

"Both your fathers, are going to jail, and they won't be coming out for a while."

"Wow, that's great news! But I feel so sad for were you two, I know you guys loved them." Dylan said hugging both our moms.

"But, Fiona and I were talking about how you guys cannot live in the same bedroom with each other now that you guys are dating. So, I found a house for sale right up the street for you and your mother to live in Mya! A two bedroom house, with a huge backyard!"

Wow, so not only are they okay with me dating Dylan, but I'll be living even closer to him now that I'm moving back with my mom. She needs me.

"Actually, we won't be needing a two bedroom house, we'll need three."

"What why?" I asked my mom. What, she was going to invite people to live with us?

"Because I'm pregnant!" The whole room was full of shock. I can't believe my mom is having another baby.

"When did this happen?" I asked my mom so cheerfully.

"Two months ago, I'm two months pregnant now. Fingers crossed it's a girl Mya." My mom has been pregnant for two months and never told me. Wow, what a page turner. She hugged me while I was still in bed, but I didn't want to hug her too tight, I didn't want to mess up the baby's development. I hope it is a girl too.

____________

~Author's Note

~Yay, finally something good for Mya. Sorry for my laziness to post questions and stuff.

But thanks for reading, i appreciate it too much.

~By the way, this story was written around 2013, so this was before I was a better, and improved writer. So sorry, if this isn't what you had in mind for a 'good story'