Promise; Sangyeon

You were in the ambulance, laying at the stretcher with an oxygen mask on your face. You were a CoVid19 positive and the symptoms— high fever, cough, headache, and difficulty in breathing got worse so the doctors in your previous hospital decided to move you to a bigger hospital.

It took the ambulance 2 hours to reach the new hospital. It was two times bigger than the previous one. The nurses in their protective gears took you and put you in a room. They left you and after awhile you fell asleep. When you woke up, dextrose was already connected through your wrist. Then the door suddenly opened.

"Hello."
The person in protective gear greeted as he entered the room.

"H-hi."
You manage to say through the oxygen mask.

"I'm Lee Sangyeon and I'll be your doctor until you get cured."
You can see his eyes smile which made you have hope and smile back.

One month passed, you and Sangyeon have gotten more close. Despite the condition you have, he took care of you as if his life depended on it.

"Breathing stable, normal temperature and no more coughs.."
Sangyeon stated which made you smile.

"You'll be doing another swab test. If get a negative result, you can finally leave this place but if you stay positive, you'll have to stay for your medication."
He added.

You then suddenly became sad. Once you'll get okay, you will leave the hospital and probably won't see Sangyeon ever again.

"What's with the long face, (Y/n)?"
Sangyeon asked and you looked at him.

"Will I see you again if I got negative?"
He then chuckled.

"Yes ofcourse, darling. We will see each other again, I'm sure of it."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

It's been 5 months since you left the hospital and you also haven't seen Sangyeon ever since but you are still holding on to Sangyeon's promise. While walking on a quiet park, you saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the park's benches.

'is that Sangyeon?'

You questioned yourself. You went to him and called his name.
"S-sangyeon?"

He then turned to face you. His eyes widen and then removed his mask.
"(Y/n)! It's been awhile since I saw you.You left the hospital 4 months ago?"

"It's 5 months ago actually."

"Oh yes, sorry."
Sangyeon then held both of your hands, making your heart skip a beat.

"I am going to keep my promise. Let's go on a date?"