Four

❌Althea❌

"Luke that's not how that works!" I laughed as he tried to figure out how to use a PlayStation controller for the first time.

"I just don't get it, we don't have this thing back in my home." He groaned but his expression fell into a frown when he mentioned the word home.

I know Luke was having a hard time wrapping his head around this idea of time traveling and so was I, but for now i want Luke to enjoy things like this which he probably don't even existed yet back in his time.

"Okay, I'm not really a good gamer but I think you should hold it like this," I stated as I place the controller right in his hands, feeling his fingers brushed on mine.

"Then I think you should press that buttons to shoot the enemy." I instructed, pointing on the tv screen which the game was paused.

"There's too many of them! How am I suppose to kill them all?" He asked frantically as I let him play.

"I don't know Luke, just shoot all of them." I shrugged, pulling out my phone and started scrolling through messages.

He seems so enjoyed playing while I'm here, still waiting to get a text from Dustin. I still haven't got any texts or calls from him since yesterday and I'm starting to think that he's not coming back just yet.

"Yes! I won!" Luke exclaimed next to me, he threw his hands in the air and started doing a little dance.

I gave him weird looks before he stopped his little victory dance and started to play another round.

"There's another controller though, would you play with me?" He asked reluctantly, glancing over the spare controller sitting on the coffee table.

"If you beat me, you have to treat me to Panda Express and if not, let's see what would be the consequence. Deal?" I challenged him as I took the controller, ready to beat his ass.

"Deal, but what is a Panda Express?"

-

Of course Luke would totally lose over me, even though as I said I wasn't really pretty good gamer myself.

However, time traveler Luke doesn't have any money with him so we just decided to treat ourselves in Panda Express.

At first he doesn't want come with, telling that he might get allergies from eating shrimps but after a few good minutes of explaining what Panda Express was and they don't serve shrimps unless you ordered it or something, he finally gave in.

"So no shrimps then?" I asked as we walk inside the Panda Express.

"Yeah, no shrimps." He repeated.

To my summarization, Luke is a foodie and seems like his stomach can hold lots of foods in it. We just ate and talked things for the meantime until Luke notice that I kept on checking my phone every now and then.

I thought he was gonna ask why I keep on looking at my phone but I realized that back in their time, iPhones were not even invented yet.

"What's that small rectangle in your hands?" Luke questioned as he pointed on my phone.

"Ah, this? This is an iPhone, we use this to text or call someone." I explained briefly.

"But I thought letters are still a thing though." He said, tapping his fingers on the table which I found very annoying.

"They still were, but this device can send messages faster." I sighed, not even amazed how that works.

He muttered a 'wow' before continuing to tap his fingers on the table. I stared at this calloused finger for a moment then a question popped into my head.

Since Dustin was a great guitarist, he also have calloused fingers like Luke's. "Do you play some sort of instruments?" I asked, stopping his fingers from tapping on the table.

"Yeah, I actually play guitar. Though I fantasize forming my own band and become famous like The Romantics." He smiled, leaning onto his chair.

"I'm pretty sure that's an ancient band that I've never heard before." I chuckled.

"Not really ancient but trust me, they're good as heck." He nodded in anticipation before standing up from his seat.

"Where's the nearest music store here? I'm going to show you how good they are." He said before grabbing my hand as we headed to the nearest music store possible.

-

This is a sad update since one of my friend had passed away....

Anyways I hoped you like this chapter :)