Eight

❌Althea❌

Me and Luke stayed for almost five hours watching some random movies. He'd suggest for something old action movies while I insisted for chick flicks and I also figured out that he came from Australia that's why he has a thick accent.

I didn't bother going to bed, it feels lonely especially you just broke up with the boy I loved.

"I have friends back there, I just don't know where they were now." He sighed, pulling the blankets up to his chin.

"I'm sure they have families now since you said that you came from 1972?"

Luke nodded.

"I know right, it's so confusing why it has to happen when I don't want it." He said, his eyelids were starting to close.

"My thoughts exactly." I retorted, glancing at his swollen lips that Dustin hit so badly.

We stayed silent for a moment before it hit me that I still have to go to work.

"Shit, I have work today." I hissed, getting out of the couch.

-

I just can't trust Luke with the apartment yet, so I brought him with him to work. As we walk to the library, some people gave him weird looks because of his baggy clothes he chose to wear again.

As usual, I walked towards Hailey, but this time dragging Luke behind me.

"Good morning, Hailey. I didn't keep on count how many absents I had and I'm so sorry-"

Hailey shushed me, "it's fine honey. Good lord, who's that handsome boy?" She laughed softly, winking at Luke who was awkwardly rocking his heels back and forth.

"He's Luke by the way. A childhood friend."

Thea, can you stop lying about him?

"Oh, childhood friend I see. Well then, get back to work and bring your little friend with you because there's so many unstacked books left." She commanded playfully.

"Wow, your job is really easy." Luke retorted, flicking through the pages of a book.

"Easy, not. I tell you, it's pretty hard when you deal with grouchy people who are in seventies or something." I rolled my eyes.

"But you're surrounded by so many books which is groovy." Luke shrugged, placing the book where it belonged.

"Stop saying groovy, it hurts my ears." I groaned, almost hitting his shoulder with the book I was holding.

"Okay. Groovy, groovy, groovy." He mocked poking his tongue out.

"Shut up before Hailey gets here and fire me." I hissed, Luke playfully zipping his mouth and throwing an imaginary key away.

It took me hours to finally arrange all the stacks of books because Luke kept on putting wrong books on the assigned shelf plus his continuous bickering and mocking.

"So we've meet again, Althea." A familiar voice said, making me and Luke whipped our heads towards it.

"Calum, hey." I smiled, making my way to him.

"So I just want to return this book. My friend said it was really a good book, though." He said, handing me the mythology book he borrowed few days ago.

Luke looked like he was bursting with anger when he saw Calum.

Calum didn't noticed it and continued to chat for a while before saying goodbye to both of us.

As we went back to the apartment, I could still feel Luke was infuriated by something, it was obvious by his scowl- etched face and by the stomps of his feet. He sat on the couch huffing and mumbling something incoherent.

"Luke, are you alright?" I asked, not sure what to do.

"I- yeah I'm, I'm alright." He pouted, running his fingers through his hair. Something was really not fine with him right now. I could tell.

"We could, you know, talk about it..." I trailed off, scared of him shutting me off.

"Let's not talk about anything. Plus, there's nothing we could talk about." He closed his eyes for a moment before completely laying down the couch, sleeping his anger away.

"Fine, good night luke." I sighed heavily.

As I got ready for bed, I can't really tell why he was upset. One moment he was all happy look then all of a sudden, he became pissed off. Thoughts were swimming in my head, before i decided to sleep them away.

-

Sorry if this was shitty, it took me weeks to update bc I have no idea what to write lol

I'm a huge fan of procrastinating so expect me to update slower bc fck my life I have tons of projects.

You already have permission to hate me ciao