Chapter 25 : Safe

The environment was silent. 

Namjoon was driving through the dark roads, his face void of emotions, his eyes feeling heavy, as he drove the vehicle, where there was nothing but silence---deafening silence. 

Taehyung in the front seat beside Namjoon, pursed his lips together not knowing what to do---but the words kept on repeating in his mind, over and over again. The words Jimin said about raping. The mere thought, raged him to the core. 

Jimin was seated in the last seat---the last seat of the deluxe car, in the corner, staring into nothingness. He looked down at his hands---covered in mud and dirt, with dried blood here and there. His nails were a bit broken, dirt stuck in between. He let his hands fall back on his lap again, as he bent down to cover his face. 

He killed a person. 

As soon as the realization sunk in, he didn't know what to do. He swore he'd never hurt others physically---that was his main motto before he started building muscles years ago. And there he was, a murderer. 

He really killed a person. 

He brought his hands to rub his forehead, closing his eyes. He didn't know what to think. 

It was unfair. It was unfair how some people don't even think back when they murdered someone, and there was regretting it more than anything. Because Jimin thought---no matter what someone did, it doesn't give anyone the rights to take their life. 

He acted out of anger---he shouldn't have killed Donghyun. 

He was too overwhelmed, he was feeling too much---anger, regret, sadness---he just wanted to cry. 

And he did.

The silent air, was filled with the sounds of faint crying and low whimpers. Jimin buried his head in his lap, let all the tears fall down not being able to hide it anymore---biting his lip hard, trying hard to muffle the noises, which went in terrible vein. 

Jimin was embarrassed, he didn't like crying---that too, in front of others.

All the heads turned back at the sound---except for Taehyung, Namjoon was looking through the rear view mirror. He could only see a part of Jimin's back. 

Yoongi brought his hands to comfort him---

"Hyung, side the car," Taehyung said suddenly. "I'm going back." 

Namjoon wordlessly, did what Taehyung said. The car came to an halt, as the younger got out, before entering---sitting beside Jimin and Namjoon started again. 

Hoseok looked at him for a second, holding the back of his head---injured. When Taehyung shook his head softly, he looked in front again, sighing slightly. 

Taehyung looked at his best friend, curling to himself, trying to hide himself from others, though it was clear that he wasn't succeeding in anything, his cries were muffled and his hands were wet from constantly wiping off the tears---he sounded, so... so broken. A sight that Taehyung hated the most. 

"Jiminie," he whispered slightly, tried to touch him. 

Jimin shook his head in denial as he moved to the other side, cornering himself further---if that was even possible. 

Taehyung sighed, before taking off his jacket before covering Jimin. He went down, between the seats, as he moved closer to the other. 

Taehyung slightly lifted the coat before sliding in, to see Jimin's hair sticking out---his whimpering getting even more clearer.