6 // alcoholics annoymous & warm drinks

"I got so many weird looks, Kit you don't even understand." Jessie spoke to me through FaceTime. "I was one of the youngest people there. They were questioning why I was there since I'm not even allowed to drink yet." He chewed on his lip.

I was chewing on the tip of my pen trying to find definitions for my science review as my boyfriend talked about his alcoholics anonymous escapades.

"I know, babe. But this is for you to get better. It sucks but it's just to help." I spoke pushing my glasses up the ridge of my nose.

"You look so cute with your glasses." Jessie smiled. I smiled back.

A ping came from my phone indicating a text. I set a specific tone for Michael.

Michael: Hot chocolate? It doesn't even matter. I'm in front of your house. Hurry up.

"What is it, babe?" Jessie questioned at me looking at the screen.

"Nothing..I just- I need to finish this biology shit. I'll see you tomorrow." I stuttered.

"Okay. Love you." He said.

"Love you too." I quickly hung up and sprung out of bed. I grabbed my purse and my coat that was lazily thrown on my desk chair. I checked my phone to see it was only 6:42 in the evening.

I walked down the stairs not trying to make a big fuss or bring too much attention to myself.

"Hey, sweets. Where are you off too?" my mother, Carmel asked.

"Oh, Michael. He wanted to take me out for a hot chocolate." I spoke softly.

My moms were laid out on the couch, Grace sitting upright and Carmel laying on her head on her lap.

"I'll be home before 9. Love you."

"Love you too." They both rang.

Michael's car was sitting on my driveway, him in the drivers seat scrolling through his phone. I haven't seen him since we are at McDonald's but we've been texting for three days.

"Hey you." I smiled as I opened the passenger side.

"Kit. You were suppose to wait. I was suppose to do a gentlemen thing and hold the door open for you. You've ruined it." Michael said buckling his seatbelt.

"I don't want you to feel like you owe me favours or anything. No need for gentlemen things." I said.

"Well, it's just nice. Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean I can't be a nice person." Michael spoke back.

"Good point. He's getting better. He went to that alcohol group." I said.

"Well that's a good thing." Michael smiled.

--

Cozy Cup was an incredibly quaint café in the center of my small town.

"Peppermint hot chocolate." Michael spoke softly handing me the warm cup.

"What do you drink?" I asked Michael.

"Coffee. Black." he smiled fondly.

"Disgusting." I mocked back.

"Coming from the oh so innocent hot chocolate drinker." Michael laughed.

"So? It's an amazing drink!" I said in self defence.

"I guess you're right." Michael laughed.

//
AN,

Sorry. This was very short. just a filler. Nothing big. More action coming up soon. :-))

-Hayley