7 // basketball socks & sobbing

Jessie has gone through two weeks of his alcoholics anonymous. I was so damn proud of him. He has really done good for himself.

I was on the city bus to his house with a Kit Kat (his favourite chocolate bar), a pair of basketball socks he left at my place and a $20 gift certificate to his favourite coffee place that was a bit farther out of town. We found it last summer.

I was very proud of his progress. He was nineteen. His careless uncle owned some beer store in this town so he basically got alcohol for free and this was how the drinking started. His uncle was very ignorant and stupidity filled his brain. He didn't care if Jessie was underage or anything. I don't even think he knew his age to be quite honest.

I finally made the stop in front of his apartment.

-

The journey through the elevator seemed weird to me. So weird. Like something wasn't right at all.

I'm sure it's nothing.

6G was glued to the door, I knocked rather loud and to my surprise, the complete opposite of Jessie opened the door.

A tall blonde girl who was wearing nothing but panties and my boyfriends basketball jersey had opened the door fully, her eyes lazily trained on the tv.

"God babe, didn't think you'd be here so quic- oh. Hello?" Her eyes fixed on me.

"Uh- H-hello. Is Jessie in?" I asked stuttering.

"Oh, he just stepped out to get us lunch! Is there something you need?" she lazily played with the tips of her hair.

"Oh. I just wanted to give him something. Who are you?" I asked in a nervous tone.

"Sarah. Jessie's girlfriend? Just try and keep it to yourself, just asked me yesterday." The blonde beamed. Her smile just as bright as when he asked me. My heart fell.

"Who are you by the way? I love your bag." She complimented. She was nice, couldn't deny that, but what a bitch. Jessie was mine, not hers.

"I'm-uh, just his friend from work. He left these recently and he asked I return them. Just give them to him." I said pulling out the socks and placing them in her hands.

My eyes started to sting as I said nothing else to the girl.

"Later!" She said in a peachy tone. Of course she was happy. Of course she wasn't upset. She had no reason.

I stepped into the elevator feeling my eyes start to water.

God, dammit Kit. Don't cry. Don't.

I stormed out of the building faster than I ever have before. Checking the bus schedule as soon as I left. It was hard to see with all the salty water dripping from my eyes but the bus wouldn't be swinging by for another hour. I wasn't going to wait in front of his damn complex for an hour. I quickly dialed the number that I knew I needed to call.

"Kit? What's up?"

"Michael. I need you to come get me. Please."

"Where are you? Are you hurt?"

"I-I'm yeah. Everything just hurts. Fuck. Just please come get me."

"Kit, where are you?" Michael asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

"Fuck, Michael. I'll just text you the damn address. I can't fucking talk." Without another word I hung up and texted him the address. I didn't double check to make sure it was right.

I didn't give a shit. My phone buzzed but that was the least of my worries.

"What the fuck did I do?" I yelled. Nobody was listening. It didn't matter what I said. I kicked my foot several times at the bus post as if something magical would happen from that.

A few loud sobs and six minutes later, the ugly black, beat up car came rushing the curb with the boy and his faded red hair.

"Kit?" Michael quickly got out taking my wrists and checking over my physical appearance.

"What happened? What hurts? Are you okay? Talk to me." His many questions made my head sore.

"Just drive me." I said releasing my wrists rather harsh from his grip.

"Are you even hurt!?" Michael raised his voice.

"My insides hurt. I've been stabbed in the back. Not physically, okay? It just hurts inside." Tears were inevitable now. They were streaming down my face. I had no other intentions but to bury my face in Michael chest.

And that's exactly what I did.

-

Michael had brought me to his apartment. I didn't even know he lived alone. It was an obvious teenage boy mess. Boxes of pizza scattered, bags of chips carelessly littered on the coffee table, it's not like I cared, it just stood out.

"I wasn't expecting company. Excuse the mess." Michael sighed, locking the door behind him.

I stood in front of him awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Come here." he held out his arms. My eyes started to sting as I was once again in his grip.

"Why. Why did he do that?" I cried and yelled into his t-shirt. It had a lovely abstract of my eyeliner and mascara smudged around the Greenday band logo.

"Kit, you need to understand, all boys are fuckboys." Michael sighed squeezing me tighter.

//
AN,

Updateeeeeedddd. Guys, don't just write on a fanfic
"Update" because that just makes me feel like I need too. Don't rush.

Anyways, I have my exam results tomorrow and I won't be able to update if I end up with shitty marks because my phone will be taken. :(

Wish me luck.

-Hayley x