12

Eunra glances at her wristwatch. It is already 10am and Jaemin hasn't come downstairs to eat breakfast yet.

She sighs. Eunra and Jaemin haven't been communicating for a few days and what worries her more is that he rarely comes out of his room to have breakfast, lunch and even dinner. 

She decided to wake Jaemin up. Eunra climbed upstairs and went to his room. She knocked on his door multiple times.

"Jaemin, wake up."

"Jaemin?" She twisted the doorknob and saw Jaemin still laying on his bed, sleeping.

She smiled and went to him.

"Jaemin, wake up. I've made you breakfast." 

A few seconds later, Jaemin opened his eyes. He rubs his eyes and glances at Eunra.

"Why are you here?" he asks in his husky voice.

"I've made you breakfast." Jaemin shakes his head slowly. Eunra realizes how pale his face was.

"You need to eat. You look sick, Jaemin."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Now, get out of my room." Jaemin looks away and gets up from his bed. Eunra sighs and goes to the door.

But then she heard a loud thud behind her.

"Jaemin!"

-

She was crying her eyes out when the doctor from his room came out.

"Ms.Eunra?" She looked up and walked towards the doctor.

"How is my husband's condition, doctor?" She smiles.

"He is fine but he hasn't been eating for a few days which causes him to faint because he doesn't have a lot of energy."

"I really need you to make sure he eats because otherwise his condition will become serious." Eunra nodded.

"Can I see him now?" the doctor nodded. Eunra thanked the doctor and sighs.

Why, Jaemin? Why?

She went inside Jaemin's room and locked eyes with him.

But he looks away.

She closes the door and sits beside the hospital's bed.

"Why are you here, Eunra?"

"Jaemin, you're supposed to eat." she didn't answer Jaemin's question.

"Don't you know it's dangerous?" she raises her voice a bit.

Jaemin scoffs.

"I'm fine, Eunra."

"No, it's not fine. You haven't eaten for days, Jaemin. You could die, you know that?" she raises her eyebrows, worried.

"Then let me." Eunra sighs.

She looks down, fiddling with her fingers.

"Jaemin, I want to say I'm sorry."

"For everything I have done towards you. I was being such a bitch to you and I know I am not a good wife for you but I promise, I'll try to be the best I could be for you." she says softly, regretting her bitchy attitude.

Jaemin looks at Eunra.

"Stop doing that to yourself.' he voices out.

"Do what?"

"Forcing yourself to accept me as your husband and fall in love with me." he replied.

"Jaemin, what are you talking about? I didn't force myself. I did this because I was sorry." she argues.