Chapter two

P A R I S

"I can't do it,"

"Do what ?" Peyton asked incredulously.

"This," I emphasized on my wedding gown.

"Wow where did that feeling come from ?" She placed a hand over my head. "Paris?"

I shook my head, "I can't."

"It's okay Peyton. These sort of stuff happen. She's just nervous," My aunt reassured with a back rub. "C'mon girl, time for autie to get you painted now!"

She rolled my chair her way, showing me her makeup pack. She started with foundation first, then blush, eyeliner, fake lashes, mascara, eyebrow liner, eyebrow contour, and eyeshadow. The eyeshadow and eyebrows took forever to perfect. When she wheeled my chair back to face the mirror I gasped.

"Please don't cry, you're gonna ruin the makeup." Auntie warned.

"Girl, you look sexy,'' Peyton complimented. "Phil is gonna explode when he sees you."

I relaxed my jaw and stopped blinking in hopes to surpress my urge to cry.

"Thank you, aunt Dani." I said

"You welcome, baby girl," she smiled. "Now stand up and show me what Mrs. Lawrence is all about!"

I giggled and stood up. I was striking ridiculous model poses.

"That's it!" Peyton encouraged. "You go on and own that altar baby girl,"

"Peyton why don't you check on the girls and see if they ready yet," aunt Dani said as she fixed my veil.

When Peyton left, Dani looked right at me,

"You look just like Cindy," she said referring to my mother. "I am so proud of you."

She kissed the top of my  forehead. When I was done fixing my garters, Peyton gave Dani and I a thumbs up. It was my cue to walk down the aisle with daddy.

I looked behind me for reassurance and Dani winked. Here goes nothing.

"You look just like your mother," was the first thing daddy said when he saw me. "Flaw-less."

I hooked my arm under his and we went for it. It was surreal. 

B R U N O

"Any of y'all  seen Phil?" Kam asked.

"He isn't in the groom's room?" Phred asked.

Kam shook his head.

"Where the hell could he be? His wedding starts in ten minutes!" Eric said. "Should we ask the bridesmaid or his parents?"

"No, that'll freak them out. We'll find him. Phred you check the restrooms, Kam you check the basement, Eric you can check inside the church and I'll check out the parking lot." I suggested. "Let's go!"

It didn't take a lot of effort to find Phil. He was in the car sleeping on the steering wheel. I banged onto the window as loud as I could without trying to break it. He woke up accidently hitting his head onto the honk. When he rolled down the window I said,

"Man getcho tuxido ass out here, we been lookin everywhere for you!" I shouted. "Hurry!"

But he didn't move an inch. It scared me.

"Phil?" I inquired.

"I seen the way she been looking at you, and I definitely seen the way you been undressing her with your eyes," he said vaguely.