Take The D*mn Advice

Y/N POV

Christmas vacation was rapidly approaching, much to my own dismay. It was the end of November and I still hadn't decided whether to join the Weasley family for their Christmas dinner or not. I did not want to offend Mrs. Weasley and I love Hogwarts, it is beautiful during Christmas, but not being surrounded by other students makes me feel even more lonely. 

I lay out a piece of parchment on the desk in the dormitory and write out Dear Mrs. Weasley. Maybe part of me did want to go, have a home cooked meal at this table surrounded by a loving family, be on the outside of it all, but be love adjacent. And it would, maybe, also be entertaining to see the twins. I write out my reply to Mrs. Weasley's letter and shove it into an envelope. 

After getting to the owlery, I send an owl off with the letter, "was that my mothers name on that?" I turn to see George grinning at me, Fred sending an owl off with two envelopes.

George POV

Y/N looks up at me with an annoyed look and I can't stop the thought that it's cute from flitting through my mind. "Possibly." 

I tilt my head, prodding her along, "so?"

"How many of you are there again?" I grin widely, before it falls back to my subconscious smirk.

"Just a few." I hear Fred laugh slightly.

She glares at me, it just makes me smile more, "you better not bother me."

I lean down so her face is inches from mine, it just makes me nervous though, "oh, I most certainly will." I swear I see her cheeks get red and Fred will vouch for me on that. She moves around me, "See you there." I call after her.

Y/N POV

Mrs. Weasley had sent a second letter deeming it easier if I came for the dinner. And stayed the rest of the vacation. The manner in which she wrote the letter made it seem as though I didn't have a choice either. I stared at it for a good ten minutes letting the dread and anxiety fill every nook and cranny of my body. When I finally did snap out of it, I carried that letter straight out to the freezing quidditch pitch where the Gryffindor team happened to be practicing. I pointed my wand at the quaffle and said, "Arresto momentum." The quaffle slowed, moving at a pace similar to that of a turtle.

The whole team watches as it inched its way toward Fred, but Oliver Wood spotted me and quickly flew down to me, "I can give you detention for placing a charm on the quaffle."

I roll my eyes, "I need to speak with Fred and George."

"You can after."

I point my wand menacingly at him, "if you don't send them down, I will send that quaffle straight for your-" 

"Thirty seconds."

Fred and George fly down, Fred smiles wide, "I think you've upset Wood a wee bit."

"He's saying some awful things up there about you," George says, looking up at Wood, angrily trying to get the quaffle going again, before his face turns to one of confusion, "I think it is anyways, kind of hard to tell, its all Scottish terms."

"That doesn't matter because I think your mothers gone mad!" My eyebrows are furrowed and I can feel my face warm up with worry. 

George smiles a little, "why is that?"

I shove the letter in his face and he takes it, grin getting bigger as he reads. "What's wrong with this?"

I look at him as if he has two heads, "she is forcing me to stay for a whole week and two days!"