▪︎02▪︎

"You- your my soulmate," he mumbled

I gulped down the lump in my throat as our tattoos grew brighter.

"Wh-who are you?" You managed to mutter.

"I'm Jaemin, Na Jaemin," he responded with a smile and getting a hold on your hand.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"So let me get this straight you've been working here for four years now? And I've never seen you until today?" He repeated.

"I guess so, I've never seen you either though," you replied.

Your head was down trying to avoid any unnecessary eye contact. How could someone so attractive be your soulmate?

You couldn't help but think he was disappointed in having a soulmate like you.

You both sat across from each other. The close sign dangled at the front door while you two talked together.

Every once in a while you took glances at the tattoos which glowed brightly.

You never thought you'd meet your soulmate, finding someone who couldn't have candy canes seemed impossible for you.

All you could ever find were people who chose not to have marshmallows or wanted a lot of candy canes.

"So you're whole life you've never had a marshmallow?" He asked you, his lips curving up to a smile.

You shook your head embarrassed to say no, but it was only natural you hadn't.

"Hey it's okay, I've never tried a candy cane" he told you lowering his head to try make eye contact with you.

His words made you feel more relaxed, maybe because he's your soulmate he made you feel this way.

But you didn't think it was right you felt this way.

"How about I finally try a candy candy and you try a marshmallow? It'll be nice to see what you think about marshmallows, especially since it's my favorite thing in this whole world." He told you holding onto one of your hands.

His offer did seem nice either way. You really wanted to see his reaction to candy canes.

You went over to the back and grabbed a candy cane and the jar of marshmallows.

You placed them at the table where you and Jaemin both sat.

He grabbed onto the candy cane and waited for me to do the same with a marshmallow.

He mouthed the words 1 2 3 before placing the candy cane in his mouth and me following with a marshmallow.

Having always felt a marshmallow always made you want to taste the small candy.

Finally tasting the sweet candy it really was like you imagined. It tasted great and you could tell why he liked marshmallows so much.

"Wow, candy canes are minty, I didn't think they would be" he said as he bit another piece of the candy cane.