▪︎06▪︎

You looked over at Jeno who had just walked out of the kitchen

"Jeno, you hired Jaemin?" You asked him as Jaemin was still behind the counter.

"Yeah, he came over while you left and asked for a job," he responded.

"I'll give you guys alone time go into the kitchen," Jeno muttered pushing you guys into the kitchen.

"Jaemin, why are you working here?" You asked him.

"Well first I need a job and second I felt you feeling overworked. I didn't want you to stress out," he told you.

Though yes it was heartwarming, it pissed you off that he would be working here now.

Why does he do this?

"Please don't be mad, I just really care for you, and plus I did say I'll make us feel right," he said taking one of your hands into his.

You sighed and just nodded. You showed him where everything was located and gave him a book with the recipes for reference.

"You've worked at a café before?" You asked him.

"Only once, and it was only for a brief time," he explained to you.

"Y/N, three hot chocolates," Jeno said waving the small paper for you to grab.

Jaemin helped you out by placing the three mugs down while you found the ingredients.

He watched you as you prepared the drinks quickly and took the tray to Jeno once you finished.

He came back with more orders and this time he made one as well.

Jeno watched you both and smiled as you both didn't seem to be awkward anymore.

"They're soulmates, of course they work perfectly," he whispered to himself.

He turned back to the customers who were waiting in a line patiently to order.

"Oh yeah, two slices of cake," Jeno told the two in the kitchen.

Jaemin nodded at you who pointed at the cake. He cut two slices plating them how you instructed him to.

He cut a fresh strawberry and placed one half on each plate and the drizzling the chocolate syrup on the cake.

He handed over the tray to Jeno who took it with a smile.

You on the other had was busy making the other types of drinks. Iced latte americano, caramel frappuccino, mocha latte, espressos, and macchiato as well.

Jaemin tried to help you out on making espresso which you did appreciate, but you felt like you were being distracted the whole time.

Everything was silent other than the sound of people talking and the machines you guys had, but everytime you looked over at Jaemin you were distracted, and lost.