▪︎11▪︎

"I'm sorry Y/N," Jisung cried as he sat next to her bed

The house was empty, nobody was there but him.

Jisung wiped his tears again, and. sniffling as well.

What could he do now?

It was all his fault if he just hadn't spoken- no if just hadn't ate the candy cane everything would have just been fine.

Now left with no soulmate, and his friend practically fighting to live, he waited.

Could anything even change in a few hours?

He screwed up everything, for him, his friends, and his soulmate.

Why did he do it? It wasn't even worth it.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"Take a deep breath, this is gonna hurt a little"

Renjun took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he felt them push in the needle into his skin.

He opened his eye enough to see his blood being drawn away.

"Continue to take deep breaths"

He did as the doctor told him.

The doctor finally pulled out the needle and took his blood for a quick examination.

Renjun had been at a hospital for a while now.

He didn't want to do this, but he decided to meet the experts.

He couldn't continue after he lost his soulmate, so he needed professionals help.

Yes, he could have told his very own sister. He knew that clearly, but he couldn't bring himself to tell you.

He was afraid of you going crazy and forgetting about finding your own soulmate.

He sighed looking at his own phone. You hadn't left his mind since he left without saying a word.

The photo of you and him last Christmas was his lock screen. He didn't like changing it since he believed you were the most important part in his life.

You were his younger sister, but also his best friend.

"Huang Renjun?"

"Yes" he answered as one of the nurses entered.

"You should be fine, just continue to surround with family and you'll be good in no time"

He smiled as the nurse walked out, he couldn't help but notice she had a butterfly tattoo that was glowing.

Her soulmate must work here as well. He sighed knowing he would never experience that feeling ever again.

He left his room and discharged himself from the hospital.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"Hello welcome to Déjà Vu cafè, what will you like to order?"

Jeno was alone managing the cafè, taking orders, making orders, and cleaning.

There wasn't anything he wasn't doing.

He went straight into the kitchen after taking there orders.

It wasn't that he couldn't do it all, but he was more stressed then ever.

Not to mention Christmas was two days away. There were families spending quality time together before the holiday, and friends too.

He slapped himself a bit to focus again on the work, but that was already hard enough.

"Two hot chocolates, one chocolate frappuccino, three hot mocha latte, and a double shot espresso," he reminded himself.

He placed the drinks on various amounts of trays, alerting some customers and taking the orders to the rest.

He went back into the kitchen and decorated the cakes before placing them on display.

Some people started to leave which was relieving, but then even more people came inside.

He really wanted to just get up and leave. He was tired beyond belief, but it would only be a few hours before he had to close.

"One hot chocolate to go please"

"Yes sir and your na- Renjun?"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"Where did you go? Why did you leave? Do you know how many things happened while you left?" Jeno began investigating his friend as he still stood in front at the cashier.

"Oh about that, I went to get treatment, I lost my soulmate"

Jeno couldn't believe Renjun had been keeping that to himself the whole time.

"Renjun, why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't, I didn't want anyone to know. Y/N especially, she would gave freaked out. Where is she anyways, is she not here?" Renjun changed the subject noticing his sister wasn't at the cafè like she usually would be.

"Oh yeah, I know she might want to tell you herself, but she's at the hospital right now"

"What happened to her us she fine?" Renjun blurted out at the sudden news.

"She's fine, nothing happened to her, but she's taking care of Jaemin. You should go visit. She's worried about you"

"You're right I think I'll leave now"

"Wait let me make your hot chocolate first"

"Make that three then"

Jeno nodded and hurriedly made the drinks placing them one of the cup holders.

He handed it over to Renjun who left immediately.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"Which room is Na Jaemin?"

"Room 67 floor C"

He thank the receptionist and went to the elevator.

It wasn't that late so he expected them to still be awake.

He knocked on the door before entering.

There.

His sister was passed out on the bed cuddling close to Jaemin who was focused on the TV which was playing a documentary on cats.

"Jaemin," Renjun called out his name to get his attention.

Jaemin turned his attention over to Renjun who was now holding up the hot chocolates.

"She missed you"