THIRTEEN: The thief

Ire's pov

"Guy, this one that sekemi is talking to Adaeze and smiling hope no problem?" Damola asked.

I followed his eyes to see sekemi smiling while talking to adaeze. Sekemi can't be nice to Adaeze after I told her I like adaeze.

"Something is up" I said.

I walked over to where they are standing.

"Ok, I hope we can be friends, adaeze" sekemi asked.

"No she can't be your friend" I answered before adaeze could talk.

They both turn around.

"Hi ire" Sekemi said winking at me.

"I never knew you were coming"

"Your mom invited me and I couldn't say no"

"Of course she did"

Sekemi pov

Mom said the poison she wanted to give me is scarce so I gave to find another plan.

"Do you like it?" I snap back to reality. Ire's mom is holding a necklace made of gold. That is expensive.

"Yes"

"This is one of the most expensive jewelry I have, my husband auctioned it for a million dollar" She said.

What! Though my parent are rich but I haven't bought something that expensive.

"Wow, it's really beautiful"I said.

She picks up one of her dress.

"I will get dressed since the guests have started coming" she walked into her closet.

I looked at the necklace while she was gone, just the perfect plan. Time to ruin your reputation Adaeze. Poor ire, when you know that the girl you love is a thief I will see if that love won't dry off.

**********

The party has started with different guests coming in. Everyone looks happy but it's about to end. Ire's mom said she would put on the necklace when she wears her third dress. My plan would have been done by then.

"Ma, you called for me?" One of the ushers asked.

"Yes" I pull her gently to a quiet area where no one would hear us.

"I heard you talking to your friend about how you are broke and badly in need of money" I said.

"I'm so sorry ma, I wouldn't talk about that again" fear is written all over her face.

"Nah" I remove a bunch of dollar from my purse and handed it to her. Her eyes widen as she sees it.
"I also heard that your dad had kidney cancer so keep the money"

"Thank you ma" she said and wipe out a tear.

"You can keep the money on one condition"

"Anything ma" she said. If only she knows what I want her to do.

I pull out the necklace and showed her.  "Put it in Adaeze's bag. This is from ire's mom, she would be looking for it soon and I want you to tell everyone that you saw when Adaeze entered ire mom room and stole it"

She's taken aback.

"Sorry ma, but I can't do that"

"Then give me my money and let your father die" I said with a smirk.

She thought about it before giving at answer "I would do it ma"

Adaeze pov

Someone pinched me from behind, I turn around. Stella.

"Stella, you said you weren't coming" she said shocked.

"Changed my mind, figured out you would be lonely" she said smiling.

"Awwn, what can I say"

"What are friends for?" She looks around."The party is going on as planned"

"Yeah but I'm worried" I state the obvious.

"About?" She asked.

"Stella, I feel like something bad is about to happen but can't point it out" I said.

"Nothing Adaeze, everything would be just fine"

"I hope"

"I saw ire's mom, she's beautiful"

"Yeah"

"Hello guys" Sekemi said walking over to us.

"This is the Sekemi" I whisper to Stella.

"Oh" She mouthed"the devil herself"

"Hi, I'm Sekemi and you are....."

"Stella, Adaeze best friend"

"Nice to meet you"Sekemi said smiling. That smile looks faked.

"Can't say the same Sekemi, I heard you are ire's ex" Stella said.

"Yes, but we would be a couple soon"

Stella tensed beside me.

Someone screamed from the building as everyone stopped what they ere doing. After a while, ire came out with his mom who looks angry.

"Call the security and block the building, no one must go out of this building" He orders as the securities moved towards the gate.

"My mother's necklace is missing and I believe it wasn't stolen. So if you are with it or you know anyone who took it, talk now" He said calmly.

"That necklace is from my husband and it's the most expensive gift I have" He mother said sobbing.

"Who took it?" He asked.

"I know who did" One of the usher shouted. All eyes turned to her as she walked towards me.

"It was her" She points at me.

"What?!" Ire and Stella said at the same time.

Vote
Comment
Share