Chapter 17

My car's almost out of gas, and the little light is shining brightly telling me it needs fuel, so I turn into the nearest gas station and fill up. And just when I thought my day couldn't get worse, Thomas walks out of the small gas station store with a gallon of milk in his hand. I quickly release the gas pump from my car, and it spills all over me, but I didn't want to see him now. I shove the gas pump into it's original holder and climb into the backseat of my car.

I peep my head over the window, and notice that the gas pump had popped right out of the holster, but I couldn't worry about it, so I squeezed myself into the front seat, and put my car into drive, and started to drive away. I saw a Thomas Sangster in my rearview mirror, chugging away at his milk. And he picked up the gas pump and inserted it back into the holster, and pulled my credit card out of the slot.

"My credit card... fuck." I slid down in the seat but he was already starting to run towards my car, and knocked on my window, and I heard a happy gasp leaving his mouth, and fogging up my window. He knocks on the window, and draws a smiley face in the fog of the glass.

"Aiden! Aiden, hey, can you see me? It's me, Thomas! Hello! You left your credit card! Roll down the window!" He knocks on the window annoyingly and in patterns, and I press my foot on the gas, hard. I need my credit card, but I need to be alone more.

I drive to the pet store, and the hiring sign is still hung up on the door, with creases and dirt. I get out of the car, and the second I open the door, the bell rings and Gary greets me almost immediately, asking for my papers.

"Whalecome back!" He says, and he's wearing a foam
flamingo hat. I explain to him that I can't apply, I don't think that I'm fit for the job.

"Well newt my narks! That's a shame. I'm shore you can be okay! We can train you, and you'll be ready in less than a week!" He tries to keep me, and stands in front of the door, and I don't understand why he's so desperate to keep me.

"I just can't, please I really need to go I'm in a bit of a hurry." I really am not in a hurry, but I just want to leave. I push him past the door, and walk out into a cool breeze and towards my car. I get in my car and I see a couple heavily making out parked in the car in front of me, and I am reminded of the actions from earlier today and last night. I shiver, and drive forward, accidently hitting the car that contained the couple, and they stopped immediately, the girl flipping me off, and then she continued to shove her tongue down the boy's throat, as if it never even happened.

I pull out of my spot, and drive down the road in front of the stripmall. I see another two people, holding hands, enjoying each other's company, and a pang of jealously hits me. I drive past, trying to ignore it, but I make a double-take through my mirrors, and see that it's my mom, and who she's holding hands with is not my dad.

(A/N: SUPER short chapter I know but I needed to update it and also leave the suspense right here.)