Chapter 3

You smiled quite embarassed. But deep inside you were so happy to see that man again. You didn't know why but you felt a connection to him.

"I'm mister Barber but you can call me Charlie"
"Oh... thanks.. I-I'm Y/n" you smiled and he winked at you before walking away.
You took deep breaths trying to slow your heartbeat down.
Charlie went around the rooms of the backstage and then sat on one of the chairs of the theatre and said "So you have the script, let's try scene 7!" Everyone gave a quick look at their copy of the script and got ready.

You started to play Chopin's nocturne op 9 n 2 and the actors started their dialogue. You were so focused into making that scene perfect you didn't even notice Charlie was staring at you. They had told him you were a good pianist but he didn't think you were that good. He couldn't take his attention off you.

The actors were playing the dialogue of a couple who confess their love for each other, they were so passionate and realistic. You smiled seeing the tenderness of their words and gestures.

Charlie remained silent as the scene ended and you slowly put your hands down the keyboard.
Both you and the actors raised your gaze to look at Charlie and waiting for him to comment the exhibition.
He was resting his fist under his nose. He sighed, put his hand down and said "It was perfect guys, well done! Jus-"

He was interrupted by his phone ringing. He sighed, got up and nervously answered.
"My god Nicole, why the heck do you always have to disturb me while I work?! I told you I don't care how much it costs, I'd do anything not to see nor hear you ever again! Stay away from me! I'll send the money to the lawyers ! The papers are already signed. Bye!"
He said the last word with such hathred you were almost scared.

The tailor you had met before came to you and whispered "That's Nicole, they got a divorce last year and she's always asking for money."
"Oh... I see"
The more you looked at him the more you thought he was the most handsome man you'd ever seen.