Chapter 6

The rehearsal was a disaster. Well, not for you actually, but the actors got a lot of reprimands from Charlie. He was exhausted when it ended.

He didn't like their acting, it wasn't emotional enough.

At 6 pm he stormed out of the theatre without even saying bye.

You were taking your sheets back in your bag. Chloe was next to you.

"Poor Charlie..." you said sadly.
"Yeah, you can't even imagine how hurt he has been lately since the divorce."
"He's always alone... He needs someone to make him some company"
Chloe smirked raising her eyebrows "What are you trying to tell me? Do you want to follow him?"
You blushed. "What? No, no no........ maybe"
"He can be quite aggressive when he's angry, I'm warning you." Chloe was concerned. You hugged her and ran out.

It didn't take long for you to see those black long curls among the crowd. You reached up to him and said "Charlie, are you ok?"
He stopped, turned to you and smiled lightly.
"Hi Y/n, don't you worry about me. I'm ok, just nervous because of the actors." He then turned back to walk.
"Please, I know you are not ok. I know we still aren't that close but... you can always count on me if you need to talk to someone. Don't you know pianists are the best confidants ever?" You said the last question with a mocking voice.

Charlie laughed. Oh you already were crazy for that sound. And you were also extremely proud of yourself for having made him feel better for a bit.
"You are a very good person Y/n. And thanks for coming after me. You know, I'm having a hard time with my ex wife. She always asks for favours and money and I can't stand it. I just want her out of my life. She harasses me constantly" he sighed. You put a hand on his shoulder.
"Let's just grab a bite for dinner, ok?" He nodded.

In the middle of that cold October evening you had warmed his heart, he was so grateful to you.
He started to realise he was happy with you, maybe you could have become the one.
You walked around the town for hours.