Chapter 4

Charlie stormed out of the room. You felt sorry for him.
You and the crew got to lunch in a bar near the theatre.

Meanwhile Charlie was in the metro. All the seats were empty but he didn't feel like sitting. He just stood there, laying his back on the wall, staring at the void in front of him. He was thinking about the play. No, that's not true and he knew that deep inside: he was thinking about you. You had stunned him. The moment he saw your innocent smile he felt his heart melt.

After divorcing from Nicole he had sworn himself not to think about a relationship and just focus on work, but he couldn't take you off his mind. He had definitely a crush on you. He patted his forehead with his hand "O my god, I'm fucked"

He took out his notebook and pen and wrote actors should stay more on the right in order not to block the view of the piano.
Then he quickly closed it and put it back in his pocket.

You were sitting next to Chloe, that was the name of the tailor woman, and everyone was chatting.
"So, why did Charlie tell you «looks like we meet again» today?" You blushed. "Well... yesterday I was running to my music school as I was late... and... I bumped into him. Like, I literally clashed on him and fell on the ground. I was so embarassed as I found out he was gonna be the director of the play.!" At first Chloe looked at you silently, then you both bursted out laughing.

"Well, then... to the worst bad impressions !" She jokingly said raising her glass of beer to make a toast. You laughed and clinged your glass with hers.

Charlie got home, hanged his cloak and threw himself on the couch. He looked at the ceiling and started to hum the main songs of the play. As he was picturing the stage with actors; costumes and everything he realized the thing of which he remembered more details was your smile.

He sighed "yeah, there's no coming back..."