Plan B

Kongpob spent the next two days searching for the pale skinned lynx, but never found him. Every now and then his inner wolf smelled him and knew that he stayed there, but Arthit was never there when he showed up.

Right. The good news was that he had managed to find out his name. Luckily, the bartender was a gossiper and his elusive mate was a regular customer.

Arthit

He literally had a sun as a mate.
Well, he didn't have it yet. That was the problem. Aim had told him that it was typical for felines to get off on people chasing them. Play hard to get. But Kongpob was genuinely starting to suspect that something didn't seem right.

Maybe approaching him with his friends wasn't such a good idea. And maybe the elevator idea wasn't such a good idea, either. At least considering the speed of the lynx's escape.

Ok. It was time for plan B.

-

Arthit groaned exhausted from another entire morning of working and running around.

Now not only did he have to worry about getting that damned project done, but he also had to avoid that Kongpob. And besides, not only that big dog but his whole pack too. Didn't wolves ever want some quality alone time?

With a heavy sigh he slumped into the chair in the meeting room. So far that morning he had managed to avoid them. He just needed to be careful. Then he will not be caught off guard.

The door opened and... no.

He jumped out of his chair and backed away a few, stumbling against the chair.
The boy behind P'Danai, his boss, took a step forward to help him but his gaze froze him to the spot.

"Arthit, what are you doing on the ground?" His boss asked him, lookimg at him puzzically.

The man sprawled on the floor bit his lip; he couldn't give his direct superior a sarcastic answer.

He continued to glare at his personal nightmare as he sat back in his seat.

"Arthit you and Kongpob are more or less the same age, how about you help him settle in?"

Arthit remained motionless, continuing to glare at the boy who was smiling happily at him.

"I can do it!" One of his colleague trilled excited, raising her hand enthusiastically.

"Som-O maybe it's better if you focus on finishing your work"

John another of her colleagues teased her.

"But Arthit is always sulking. Nong Kongpob what do you think? Wouldn't you much rather spend your work hours with a cheerfull single lady?"

"I like his pout"

An embarrassed silence fell upon the group.

"Anyway, Kongpob needs efficient guidance, not a nice one" P-Danai reprimanded her good-naturedly, trying to redirect the situation.

When the meeting was over, Arthit made his way back to his workstation.

"Why are you here?" He asked disconsolately to the boy behind him.

"I had the impression that you were ignoring me"

"And the best thing that came to your mind was to get transferred here?"

He nodded happily. "Yes. I realized that for felines, being approached by a pack could be stressful. So I thought that getting to know you in your habitat might make you feel more comfortable."