Mark's screams

(Time 3:13 am)

I was sharply
awoken be Mark screaming. I ran over and into Mark's bedroom. I saw Mark sitting up in his bed and I walked over to him. He was still breathing very heavily.

"What happened?' I asked.

"Bad dream, terrible dream.'' He said in a hushed voice.

"What was the dream?"

"I shouldn't tell you, you might think I should be thrown into the loony bin if I do."

"Mark," I sighed "No matter what you think, I know you're more sain that that. I would never throw you into a place like that. I know you're too kind of heart and pure of soul to be insane.''

" Alright," He said "It....its like......all I can remember is.....me......killing.....everyone I love. I remember me....laughing with this....unending smile and-" Mark stopped himself as he started to cry.

As soon as I saw Mark start to cry, I immediately hugged him and said, "it's ok, it was just a dream, and you and i both know that you would never do that."

"I know but, it was...just so graphic, I was lucid dreaming, but I couldn't control myself. It was like torture, seeing my friends and family die because of me."

for the next few minutes, we just sat there, Mark probably trying to understand the dream, me trying to understand him.

( Please comment, as I would like to know what you think about my story. Also, feel free to leave constructive criticism, any way i can make my story better.)

--Liz