57 | Please don't cry

San stood, feeling jolted and confused. 'Can someone please for the love of God tell me what the fuck just happened before I break down.'

Yeosang took a bite of a liquorice stick and sat back on the couch. Despite his calm demeanour, his eyes betrayed him as he glanced down the hall after Wooyoung, worry evident in his gaze. 'Looks like our little Wooyoungie is romantically conflicted.'

San stared at him. 'He's what?'

Yeosang rolled his eyes. 'Wow you really are useless. San! Open your eyes! Wooyoung likes you.'

San looked between Yeosang and the hallway that Wooyoung had disappeared down. 'No he doesn't.'

'Mmm mmm. No I think he does.'

Yunho walked over and sat next to Yeosang, sharing the liquorice.

'Are you really going to sit there and pretend you're eating popcorn and enjoy the show? Yeosang this isn't funny.'

'And I'm not laughing, babe. I'm dead serious. I should know. I've been through exactly what I just witnessed then. That inner confusion, I know. Minus the San-specific deets.'

Thinking for a moment, San suddenly felt extremely stupid. Adding in that one detail in hindsight made Wooyoung's words and actions make so much more sense.

San jumped a little as he felt a hand touch his shoulder. It was Hongjoong. 'San, go get dressed before you watch a cold.'

Still a little stunned, San did as he was told, stumbling down to Mingi and Jungho's room where his clothes lived. As he passed Wooyoung's door on his right, he heard the water running accompanied by a very faint hint of what sounded like him crying.

San's heart throbbed. 'Don't cry,' he begged quietly.

He took a deep breath and forced himself to keep walking.

Please don't cry...