two

Yes, I am a shame. In my head, it is complicated and sometimes, I feel like a fool according to many.

Standing in front of the tall gates of the mansion, Juyeon heaved a sigh. It has been a long time since he last went home.

"You'll just take your belongings, Juyeon," he told himself. "This would be the last time that you will take a step inside that mansion."

He walked at the side of the gate and pressed his thumb onto the fingerprint scanner. The tall, metal gates suddenly opened, letting Juyeon in.

"Young master, Juyeon," the guards greeted by the gate, surprised by the sudden presence of the young man. It took them a while to take a bow as a sign of respect.

Juyeon slightly bowed down in return with a small smile. He then walked towards the big, silver door with different designs carved on it. Twisting the doorknob open, a familiar sight welcomed him as he opened the door.

Just like every inside of a mansion, it surely is grand. The chandelier, sculptures, paintings, carpets─ they all cost big money.

Juyeon let out a sigh, still blinded by the sight of those expensive materials even though he used to see them everyday before.

"Juyeon? Is that you, my child?"

Looking up to the stairs, Juyeon let out a smile as he saw the person that he misses the most in the house.

"Granny," Juyeon grinned as he ran up to the stairs and quickly hugged the old woman. "How are you doing? Do you still overwork yourself?"

Juyeon broke from the hug and crouched down a little, leveling himself to the height of the old woman.

"I do overwork sometimes."

"Granny, I told you to not overwork yourself before I left. Please, you are already growing older."

Before the old woman could speak again, a man's voice spoke first.

"Juyeon, what brought you here?"

Closing his eyes out of annoyance, Juyeon slowly let out a breathe before turning on his heel. He opened his eyes, only to see the person that he is expecting less to see.

"Father..."

Juyeon could not bear to say that word. He doesn't want himself to call that man as his father.

"Come to my office," the man commanded before walking away.

"You should go and have some talk with him," the old woman told Juyeon. "You gave him a hard time when you left."

Looking back to the old woman, he gave her a small smile and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back in a few, granny."

Juyeon then started to take the hallway that leads to the office of the man that he doesn't even want to talk to. The door of the office was already open, welcoming him inside.

"What is it now?" asked Juyeon in an annoyed manner as he closed the door.

"Is that how you greet your father after you came back in this house after seven months?" the man asked, swinging himself on his swivel chair.

Juyeon then scoffed, crossing his arms against his chest. "Stop saying that you are my father because you are clearly not."

"I do not like the way that you act, Juyeon."

"I know," Juyeon huffed. "That's why I dared to step back inside this fancy house just to get my things and never come back here."

The man stood up as he pointed a finger on Juyeon. "You are the heir of this family's business and you clearly can't escape from your responsibilities."

"For goodness sake! I am not even your real son!" Juyeon bursted out exasperatedly. "Why are you even wasting your time and wealth for a kid like me that was born in this world because of a one-night stand?!"

The man pinched the bridge of his nose. He was clearly getting frustrated at the words that Juyeon let out.

"Juyeon, I don't have the time to argue with you."

"Neither do I," said Juyeon. "Find someone who would inherit your family's business before it gets too late."

"Where are you going?" the man asked as Juyeon was about to open the door, ready to leave.

"I told you, I am leaving. I only came here to get my things," Juyeon responded, then he looked back. "Please, don't change yourself. Always be the man that raised well a rebel kid like me."

Biting his lower lip, Juyeon looked down for a second before meeting the man's eyes in front of him once again.

"Thank you for everything, father."

It was hard for Juyeon to call the man as his father, but he can't just leave the man without a word after what he did to him.

Heading towards another hallway after leaving the man's office, Juyeon could only think about his life after finally leaving everything behind.

He stood in front of his bedroom door, then entered it after a moment. The inside is still in order and well-organized, and Juyeon did not waste any moment to pack all of his important stuffs and needs. He was done in less than ten minutes.

Carrying three big bags with him, Juyeon looked at his bedroom for the last time before finally locking its door.

He met the old woman by the hallway and explained to her that he needed to leave for some reason and he would visit if he could. It was hard for Juyeon to say goodbye to the old woman that took care of him the most since he was adopted by his nonbiological father.

Just as Juyeon was about to exit the door, he was stopped.

"Take this with you," the man told him as he handed a familiar car key.

Juyeon immediately shook his head. "No, I won't take that car."

"Please, let this be the last thing that I could give to you."

Sighing, Juyeon took the car key as he was left with no choice. Little did he know, it wasn't just the car that was given to him.