Chapter Four

Around four a.m. we entered Windchester. The town was clean for the most part, but it had some dirty parts too. It also had pastures and rows of corn and farms. When I saw how country it was I knew Chris and I needed to tone it down. We looked way to city, and city boys in the country seems really suspicious.

We ditched the car in a cornfield when it ran out of gas (I know, not that smart) and decided to walk the rest of the way. I mean, hitchhiking wouldn't be the best thing to do when your on the run.

We walked down a narrow farm road and tried to look for signs that pointed to the camp. Chris pulled a cigarette out and offered it to me. I took it, lit up and tryed to think of a believable story.

"We need to get our story straight," I said puffing my cigarette.

"Got any ideas?"

"Well I think we should have fake names...that's about all I got."

"Yeah it wouldn't be smart to tell them our real names, just in case they recognize us."

"My fake name will be uh... Kevin."

"Kevin? Really Daniel? "

"Its the only thing I could think of. "

"Okay, Kevin. My name will be...Rick. Now that's a name."

"Good we have our names. Now we need to figure out a way to tell them why were here, where's our parents, and everything inbetween. Basically the whole story."

"If anybody ask we can tell them we're cousins and our parents went to the store for a while."

"Okay, that seems believable. We can say we're on a late vacation or something."

"That could work Daniel...oh, I mean Kevin. Now we need to look more country."