The Wanted

We came up to a sign that said we were arriving at the campgrounds. The camp did have a name, but we didn't care enough to look.

          Nobody was around, probably because it was fall and no one really camps during the fall. We went deep in the woods were nobody could see us (hopefully.) We tried to set up camp, but with no tent, blankets or pillows, there wasn't much to "set up."

           "Were going freeze our asses off tonight."

           "Oh well, will just have to."

      "I think I saw something like this on a survival show once. It said we should make a shelter and try to start a small fire to keep us warm."

          "Good idea Chris. I think that'll work."

                "It also said to get naked and do exercises to stay warm."

           "Yeah, were not doing that," I said sarcastically. We gathered as many sticks as we could find. We took the longer sticks and lined them up in tee pee fashion. I found pine tree branches and we used them to cover the shelter (which looked like an Indian tee pee with pine branches covering the outside.)

        It was pretty big inside and surprisingly warmer in there after we lit a small fire. Oh and we left an opening at the top so the smoke could escape. Were not stupid enough to die of smoke elation.

         "I think we did a pretty good job,"I said tiredly.

         "Not to bad for a couple of city boys." The sun had come up long before we started to build the shelter, and seemed as if it was a glowing ball of fire.

         "We should probably get some rest. We have a long day ahead of us." We scrambled into the shelter and tried to get comfortable, but it was kind of impossible when your lying on the cold,hard floor. I eventually dosed off after a few minutes or so, but I still had lots of unanswered questions. And when you have unanswered questions you tend to have weird dreams.