(Asmo) Fall

Warning: slight depressing moments

Every time you go to sleep, you see a person who tells you that he loves you.

You've never met anyone like him.

He was beautiful and he was always grinning at you.

He would tell you how lovely you are.

Your dreams would be made up of his soft remarks, then you'd wake up to find that he was never by your side.

Your life was unpleasant. Everything was a mess.

You're the type who feigned like everything was fine, but you know you can't lie to yourself for that long.

One of these days, you would just break.

One of those days is right now.

The man in your dreams, the man who fed you good words, he wasn't real.

All he was, is something temporary that would vanish by the time you have to wake up to the real world.

Standing on the very top of your apartment complex, you were no longer thinking straight.

In life, you were practically alone.

Practically, no one would care.

So you took steps closer to the edge. Nothing matters anymore.

Your tears were drying as the wind continuously drove by.

No one would stop you. No one is there.

One more step and you're off the ledge.

One more step, and you die.

You were hesitant because you wanted someone to stop you.

But no one came.

So you continued, and as you were going to end it all, someone called out from behind you.

"My love, what are you doing?" That same voice you always heard, made you carefully rethink your actions.

You stepped away, crying harder and harder.

You couldn't end it all. You just couldn't bring yourself to do it.

"You're not real! Why are you stopping me? Am I really going crazy?" You begged for answers as your eyes flowed rivers of tears.

You believed that you were right, that you were going crazy, especially as no one responded to your many questions.

You roughly grabbed your hair, questioning yourself and your sanity. Then a warm hand held your face.

"Stop! Stop it! You're not real." You panicked and screamed.

"But I am here, sweetheart. Look at me." Someone said with a soft and alluring voice.

You looked at whoever it was and came across a man with long light brown hair. His eyes were soft and sweet.

If anything, he was unlike anyone you've ever seen. He was the man from your dreams, someone who seems like they would be out of this world.

You looked at him as tears fell from your confused eyes.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm here." He said to you, cupping your face, then wiping the tears that were falling from your eyes.

He embraced you and even caressed your back.

He held your hair and soothed your head.

You closed your eyes in comfort,

and suddenly you were awake again.

Back inside your lonely room, with no one else but you and your messy clothing.

"It was just another dream." You said to yourself in pity.

You were miserable, but somehow it seemed like a sign for you to not end everything, so you decided to keep going.