.01

Two golden spheres.

As the bell began to ring.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring

The god of death will appear.

Beware of your choices.

Lest it might grant your release.

___

They looked down on the expectant child that had been patiently waiting for their response. If one didn't look closely, then they might not notice how jittery and nervous that child with a poker face is.

A huge contrast. Red embarrassed color on top of a poker face.

They slowly pulled their hands away from the hold of the child, and placed it underneath the child's armpits, easily carrying them up.

The child blanked as he didn't expect being carried so suddenly and placed to sit on top of the offertory box. Surprisingly, there appeared to be a pillow placed by the other person to make it comfortable for him to sit on.

"Uh, well, listen." They didn't know how to start and was unable to meet eye to eye with the child. They had caught a glimpse of the child's hope-filled eyes and honestly it made them feel bad if they needlessly hurt the kid. Especially since this was a special person(character).

"Yes?" The child answered, both his hands closed in a fist and placed on top of his thighs. He wanted to look patient and have a good impression on the other but noticing his immediate reply made his ears turn red.

"Haaa... Do you even know my name?" They asked and that seem to have made the child flinch in realization.

"No... no I don't, but.... but I..." his unsure words made him look more of a child. Despite the poker face, they could see the child close to crying. To be honest, it was adorable. It was unlike the child's future version. At most, he could be five years old right now.

"I'm Karia. You?" The poker faced child's eyes stopped wandering. He looked up at the other with his light blue eyes.

The child was contemplating whether to say hid name or not. Most people would grovel all the way down on the ground just by knowing his name. He didn't want that to happen, he didn't want to see that sight from this person.

Another part of him was urging him to speak his name quickly, as if it would have the person in front of him unable to leave.

Like some sort of bind.

Like some sort of curse.

"Gojo Satoru." He said in a voice void of any emotion. Just like those times when he tolerated those people. Those people who would do everything to be in his favor.

Karia blinked, already expecting the name of the child. Because once they received this world's information, it was lacking in a bit of the plot but had the major and minor characters in it accompanied with their appearance.

Receiving those was quite the adventure, since the moment Karia skimmed through everything, the name Gojo Satoru was set up in the most eye-catching almost neon-like lighting with sparkles as if saying look here look here. Of course Karia would look, he had no choice in ignoring it since it was basking in a shiny template like that. He even felt bad at the black color that the protagonists' name was printed on.