.05

Unlike how the era of curses was placed in a standstill, the era of gods had already ended a long time ago.

It might be because they were too tired to care for the mortal world, or that they became bored of it. It is also possible that they felt disappointment, since back in those times, humans liked to wage war after war.

Karia didn't know the memories of the other gods, he didn't even receive any memories from the different incarnations of the god of death, so he had no way of knowing what was the real reason why the gods decided to end their era themselves. He could only theorize of the reason why they just disappeared one day.

It was a hard finding out what happened in the past. Karia thinks that it had some connection on why, for some reason, some of his very convenient abilities didn't work in this world.

His abilities as a seer are working normally, but things like time travel are in a pickle.
His hard-earned time-related skills didn't seem to want to be nice to this world as Karia kind of foresaw a bit of what would happen when he uses them.

Because things like mana, chi, or chakra had been turned into something as cursed energy. Karia isn't even sure if cursed energy can be considered as one of those things.

This was one of the reasons why he can't use, or rather, why the world can't handle his time-related abilities since it needed those balanced energy.

Not that he was saying that cursed energy is bad. The name makes it sound like some kind of villainy form of mana, but from what Karia discovered so far, cursed energy is akin to karma or something like that. Unlike mana or chakra that comes from either nature of lifeforce, cursed energy is volatile, it differs from person to person. Kind of like seeing different kind of dogs that have been bred by humans.

Mages can determine the sort of magic that suits their mana. Shinobi's could figure out the nature of their chakra. They could figure out which one they could learn and those that they cannot. The moment those two forms of energy enters the human body, it would go through a change, an evolution per se, to one that would suit the body or sometimes to the soul.

Cursed energy was flexible enough for people(or creatures) to be able to create their very own technique from scratch, there was no set element that hinders them. With the right amount of cursed energy, it seems like anything within one's imagination was possible to be created.

That must be the reason why Jujutsu Kaisen has characters that always tested the limit of human potential.

Like the former human, turned as a curse Ryomen Sukuna.

Or the acclaimed strongest Gojo Satoru( the grown up one).

Theorizing about cursed energy was like putting together a puzzle, only to find out that the puzzle pieces formed an unidentified image. Looking closer at it, the pieces fit well together, but they were pieces from different other puzzles altogether.

In short, what Karia got from his small research was that the world would go kaboom if he makes a teeny weeny mistake in handling his abilities.

That was a big nope since he was currently really enjoying spending his time with his companion. Unlike the other companion's he had, that gold soul sticks itself to characters that would likely hate his guts. So meeting Gojo Satoru, who was fond of him from the start was a pleasant experience.

Looking at Gojo, who was currently being berated by Yaga due to his poor choice of words when talking to people, Karia decided that even if he was bored or angered, he can'tー in any possible way, destroy everything.

For sure, he was going to have such a hard time carrying everything. Like fixing plot holes, or helping to avoid unnecessary accidents or tragedies. But well, who wouldn't want to do that. Anyone who adores this world, will one hundred percent, try to help the people here avoid tragedies, even if it means it hinders their oh-so-great character development.